amphipods or copepods?

Dr. Peter Venkman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2021
Messages
162
Reaction score
169
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

So I was on a trip and when I came home I noticed that something was making small little tunnels in my sand bed, along the glass. In the tunnels are little clear (they have a black line going across them) inverts. I'm not sure if they are amphipods or copepods. I'm not able to get great pics of them, not even with my Canon SLR. They are small, I would say about 4 to 5 millimeters, and as I watch them move they tend to curl their (what I think is their) tail up towards their body, similar to the behavior of a shrimp. I have a few pics, again these are the best as I could get. First pic is a close up of the invert in the tunnel. The second pic (with blue light) is of what the tunnels look like. Thanks for any help!
Screenshot_20210527-142335_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210527-142255_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210527-142255_Gallery.jpg
 
I’m curious too! My girlfriend sent me pretty much the exact same picture two hours ago...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new