Anampses and Halichoeres compatibility question.

jujuman16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow reefers. I set up a new tank after a 5 1/2 year forced break. Power issues after Hurricane Irma wiped most the livestock of my tanks, and my first child was born the following month. I gave it all away to new reefers.

My 6 year old begged me to start again (let's be honest it didn't take a lot of pressure...) and here we are. Tank is an IM 112.

Every tank I've owned housed a Melanurus wrasse, by itself. This time around I'm being a bit more selective and want something different, but I still love their look. I have a small yellow tail tamarin wrasse, and it's doing great. At the lfs it ate frozen misis, and in my tank it is staying fat decimating pods.

I was wondering if anyone had luck with successfully housing a yellow tail tamarin and a Christmas wrasse together? Or if this is something I should avoid?

Thanks in advance. Cheers!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow reefers. I set up a new tank after a 5 1/2 year forced break. Power issues after Hurricane Irma wiped most the livestock of my tanks, and my first child was born the following month. I gave it all away to new reefers.

My 6 year old begged me to start again (let's be honest it didn't take a lot of pressure...) and here we are. Tank is an IM 112.

Every tank I've owned housed a Melanurus wrasse, by itself. This time around I'm being a bit more selective and want something different, but I still love their look. I have a small yellow tail tamarin wrasse, and it's doing great. At the lfs it ate frozen misis, and in my tank it is staying fat decimating pods.

I was wondering if anyone had luck with successfully housing a yellow tail tamarin and a Christmas wrasse together? Or if this is something I should avoid?

Thanks in advance. Cheers!
You can happily keep most Halichoeres and Anampses together. Which species of Halichoeres are you referring to by ‘Christmas’ wrasse?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Halichoeres biocellatus.
You should be just fine, that’s a gorgeous wrasse - especially as mature males.

Also, with those two you can add more. Look at the wrasse lovers thread and just see how addictive it can get haha. You have 1, then want another and then end up with 14-15 total.
Just a few of my wrasses in a 4’ tank - I have 8-9 in this tank alone.
IMG_8081.jpeg

IMG_8072.jpeg

IMG_8078.jpeg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is an IM 112? How big is it? Do you have a sand bed? What other fish do you plan to keep in it other than the wrasses?
It needs to have lid for wrasse habitat.
Sorry for the questions. I want to have accurate information about your tank prior to give any recommendation. I keep Tamarin with a number of other wrasses, but my tank is 360 gal tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back