Anderson Family Reef - Concrete Aquarium DIY 5K All The Way (Page 33)

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a quote for an FS8 Mighty Magnet… need to get it on order!! :)
Nice, yes they are great, just not cheap. While kinda cool to go diving into the tank, I can see the novelty of that wearing off quickly having to deal with all the gear everytime the glass needs cleaning. The magnet is a more practical solution.

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely incredible, love it. Also enjoyed seeing the orange shoulder feeding on the wall, very cool. And of course the Sohal.

What powerheads are those in the corner are those in the corner?
Thanks!!

They are Sicce Voyager 4000 Stream’s …

Still working on flow solutions but these are working ok for now…

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the Queen still in there?
No that Queen didn’t make it… it had a cut in its side when I got it… think the stress of the move plus the big cut did it in. So far that, one Vlamingii medium tang (who got chased by the big one) and the copperband are the only losses.

djf91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No that Queen didn’t make it… it had a cut in its side when I got it… think the stress of the move plus the big cut did it in. So far that, one Vlamingii medium tang (who got chased by the big one) and the copperband are the only losses.
I’m sorry to hear that, always tough

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
83766E71-E4F0-4222-B338-FFD1BB7D2AF2.jpeg
0561247D-C9BA-4BF1-9557-380E396F4B60.jpeg

Rolling some water through the 240 glass tank…

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the latest with the AE saga?
He took the $13,500 and has been non responsive … :disappointed-face:

We have the information to take him to small claims court to try and recover those fish funds to apply them to another gear builder.

I text, called and emailed him this with my Venmo with no response:

“Hi Bill,

This is my formal request for a refund for $13,500 for the following equipment I have not received:

2/18/21 - paid Aquarium Engineering $4,000 down payment for 24"x96" Skimmer, UV, Heat Exchanger and Sump
5/20/21 - paid Tricia Clauson (per your request) an additional $3,000 for 24"x96" Skimmer, UV, Heat Exchanger and Sump
6/30/21 - paid Tricia Clauson the final payment of $3,000 for 24"x96" Skimmer, UV, Heat Exchanger and Sump.

I ordered additional equipment on 10/11/21 - paid Tricia Clauson $3,500 for second sump (frag tank like Don Martins), Drum Filter, and 8' Overflow.

Reason for the request is non performance after 18 months since first payment. Failure to respond to calls, voicemails, text and emails to your company email.

I consider your equipment the best. I am saddened that you have not provided any gear and have stopped responding to my requests for fulfillment.

Please feel free to Venmo me the refund at the following account and we part as friends.

Kind regards,
Dave Anderson”

Even after sending the above I tried one more time to make things right by sending this:

“Bill, will you please call me? I’m getting ready to order MRC gear and engage with our attorney to get a refund from you ($4,000) and Tricia ($9,500). I would much rather just get the gear we paid for from you but you aren’t doing what you promised. This is the last time I will reach out to give you the opportunity to make things right. I’m disappointed you have put me in this position but I figured I would reach out one more time before moving forward with the only options I have available. Please call me so we can get this settled. Best, Dave”

Honestly such a bummer. I liked Bill but with him not responding at all I don’t know what else to do. :disappointed-face:

Last edited:
OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go on take the money and run...was that not a song from Steve Miller Band? Must be where Bill learned such things! Bummer for sure man! Wait did I just out myself as a boomer? :zany-face:
Yeah! Sadly I have been privately contacted by a few others that are in my same position… so lame!!

I love Steve Miller Band!! Never thought that song would apply to me and my fish hobby but here we are!!

I’m a DIY guy because I don’t have tons of money to put towards the hobby (I know that’s all relative) so Bill taking that money and not providing what he promised has made me do a ton of double work on the temporary build out, patch together some borrowed equipment from friends and really set me back on getting this all done right the first time. Such a bummer.

Thanks for checking in! Hope we can get that back so I can at least get the big skimmer ordered from MRC.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nevertheless, I appreciate your attitude to this bump in the road and your patience with Bill is really how I would like to be treated and treat others in the same situation. Blessings on you and your family for taking the high road.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back