Anderson Family Reef - Concrete Aquarium DIY 5K All The Way (Page 33)

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity, how do you plan to deal with humidity? Really interesting build - have throughly enjoyed watching it take shape!
36AFFCFB-ED03-4FAF-9031-CEF7908CC2CC.png

I’ll run one of these and even plan to run one of these as well dedicated to the room.

1630160035446.jpeg

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dave some people dream and others just do the dream! Fantastic dream and I wish you all the success in the realization of that dream!

Had a customer in Spokane years ago that built their own 2000 gallon plus system into an addition to their living room. It was awesome to just sit and watch the fish interactions. You may never watch TV again much to your family's benefit!

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dave some people dream and others just do the dream! Fantastic dream and I wish you all the success in the realization of that dream!

Had a customer in Spokane years ago that built their own 2000 gallon plus system into an addition to their living room. It was awesome to just sit and watch the fish interactions. You may never watch TV again much to your family's benefit!
Thanks Lowell!! I have been dreaming of doing this for many years!! :)

I agree, I love watching the reef flourish.

I end up watching, then really watching, then tinkering, adjusting, cleaning, moving and get lost in the greatness of our hobby!! Who has time for TV?!

I love this stuff!! :p

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any type of covering or anything like that over the concrete or keeping the "industrial " look
Still working on that with the boss. Figured she let me dig three feet down in the middle of our house so she could have some say on the finish look ;)

Brandon Wilcox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like I have a problem. I check my email daily to see if there's any updates on the tank. You guys are awesome!! We close on a house this week. I've been showing pictures of reefer's tank to my wife as we plan on doing our own build. You are definitely making it easier to get a bigger tank. My wife can ask something like, "You want a tank that big?" "No babe that's giant, I only want like 4k gallons." Keep it up!!!

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like I have a problem. I check my email daily to see if there's any updates on the tank. You guys are awesome!! We close on a house this week. I've been showing pictures of reefer's tank to my wife as we plan on doing our own build. You are definitely making it easier to get a bigger tank. My wife can ask something like, "You want a tank that big?" "No babe that's giant, I only want like 4k gallons." Keep it up!!!
Too funny brother!! Happy to help in anyway!! Good luck with your new house and build!! Love it!!

Ceez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boo!!!! I got thru all 54 pages and I'm jonesing for more and here we are left hanging!! Great job I'm living vicariously thru you as I believe a lot of us are.

I was also wondering if you have reached out to various product suppliers for possible sponsorship? I mean if any build deserves this it's this one. Your blood sweat and tears as well as a thorough documentation from beginning to end would be such great promotion for any reputable company. Also I totally understand if you'd rather keep that under wraps for now but I am super curious.

Awesome work and nothing but love. And one more thing, can ya hurry it up lol

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boo!!!! I got thru all 54 pages and I'm jonesing for more and here we are left hanging!! Great job I'm living vicariously thru you as I believe a lot of us are.

I was also wondering if you have reached out to various product suppliers for possible sponsorship? I mean if any build deserves this it's this one. Your blood sweat and tears as well as a thorough documentation from beginning to end would be such great promotion for any reputable company. Also I totally understand if you'd rather keep that under wraps for now but I am super curious.

Awesome work and nothing but love. And one more thing, can ya hurry it up lol
Thanks for joining the journey!! ;)

That’s a great idea! I haven’t reached out to anyone yet but it would be awesome to get some more support from some of my favorite vendors!!

Thanks for your support and encouragement!

I fear the thing that will take the most time is trying to get my filtration gear from AE! Been pinging him for months now.

Viewing panels and wall tear down are up next!! :p

KarlsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DE12DD99-0090-4947-9BD7-FE1A81F5B83F.jpeg
F3FFB37E-483D-4808-BC5A-C2CD07EC3930.jpeg
C3605823-9C7C-427F-8772-75E71E49B446.jpeg

Had another jumper out of the 150 Rubbermaid bin this morning!! I need to work faster!! This is one of the big boys I ordered from ReefOn to grow out for the big tank… Naso tonganus - humpnose unicorn fish (pretty sure that’s what he is)
I was gonna say I don't think he was gonna live long in there... Bit soon for fish... In seriousness it's sad that you have had jumpers while your finishing up the huge new home, they are obviously eager to get in there

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back