Anderson Family Reef - Concrete Aquarium DIY 5K All The Way (Page 33)

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nevertheless, I appreciate your attitude to this bump in the road and your patience with Bill is really how I would like to be treated and treat others in the same situation. Blessings on you and your family for taking the high road.
Thank you for your kind words! :)

Funny thing is… in the back of my mind I’m still hoping Bill comes through… ;)

I’m a promoter of Bill’s gear for sure I just think he no longer loves building gear for the masses…

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EBE7EEDA-AA27-4742-97C0-44D485A41DF5.jpeg
105306BF-B970-4E96-B017-7744D65C0BDA.jpeg

Both skimmers are bursting at the seams!!
Literally!!

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
He took the $13,500 and has been non responsive … :disappointed-face:

We have the information to take him to small claims court to try and recover those fish funds to apply them to another gear builder.

I text, called and emailed him this with my Venmo with no response:

“Hi Bill,

This is my formal request for a refund for $13,500 for the following equipment I have not received:

2/18/21 - paid Aquarium Engineering $4,000 down payment for 24"x96" Skimmer, UV, Heat Exchanger and Sump
5/20/21 - paid Tricia Clauson (per your request) an additional $3,000 for 24"x96" Skimmer, UV, Heat Exchanger and Sump
6/30/21 - paid Tricia Clauson the final payment of $3,000 for 24"x96" Skimmer, UV, Heat Exchanger and Sump.

I ordered additional equipment on 10/11/21 - paid Tricia Clauson $3,500 for second sump (frag tank like Don Martins), Drum Filter, and 8' Overflow.

Reason for the request is non performance after 18 months since first payment. Failure to respond to calls, voicemails, text and emails to your company email.

I consider your equipment the best. I am saddened that you have not provided any gear and have stopped responding to my requests for fulfillment.

Please feel free to Venmo me the refund at the following account and we part as friends.

Kind regards,
Dave Anderson”

Even after sending the above I tried one more time to make things right by sending this:

“Bill, will you please call me? I’m getting ready to order MRC gear and engage with our attorney to get a refund from you ($4,000) and Tricia ($9,500). I would much rather just get the gear we paid for from you but you aren’t doing what you promised. This is the last time I will reach out to give you the opportunity to make things right. I’m disappointed you have put me in this position but I figured I would reach out one more time before moving forward with the only options I have available. Please call me so we can get this settled. Best, Dave”

Honestly such a bummer. I liked Bill but with him not responding at all I don’t know what else to do. :disappointed-face:

Isn't this the guy that I've seen online a long time ago showing off his Ferrari and coming across as being very arrogant (IMO), as if money were no object to him?

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't this the guy that I've seen online a long time ago showing off his Ferrari and coming across as being very arrogant (IMO), as if money were no object to him?
$13,500.00 does not buy a Ferrari but it might cover a tune up o_O

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Lol yeah I'm aware! What I meant is that I seem to recall watching a video (maybe on youtube?) about him having the largest home aquarium in the US. Might not be the same guy but I think that it is.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol yeah I'm aware! What I meant is that I seem to recall watching a video (maybe on youtube?) about him having the largest home aquarium in the US. Might not be the same guy but I think that it is.
You might be thinking of Hedgedrew here on R2R with his 17,000.00 gallon tank. Very serious hobbiest and just as serious hedge fund manager. He seems to be successful at whatever he does. Also, seems to be a very serious audiophile. Seems like a gentleman to me. I sure he is not Bill the owner of AE.

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be thinking of Hedgedrew here on R2R with his 17,000.00 gallon tank. Very serious hobbiest and just as serious hedge fund manager. He seems to be successful at whatever he does. Also, seems to be a very serious audiophile. Seems like a gentleman to me. I sure he is not Bill the owner of AE.

nah @DIYreefer is right Ik The vid theyre talking about lol

748S911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He took the $13,500 and has been non responsive … :disappointed-face:

We have the information to take him to small claims court to try and recover those fish funds to apply them to another gear builder.

I text, called and emailed him this with my Venmo with no response:

“Hi Bill,

This is my formal request for a refund for $13,500 for the following equipment I have not received:

2/18/21 - paid Aquarium Engineering $4,000 down payment for 24"x96" Skimmer, UV, Heat Exchanger and Sump
5/20/21 - paid Tricia Clauson (per your request) an additional $3,000 for 24"x96" Skimmer, UV, Heat Exchanger and Sump
6/30/21 - paid Tricia Clauson the final payment of $3,000 for 24"x96" Skimmer, UV, Heat Exchanger and Sump.

I ordered additional equipment on 10/11/21 - paid Tricia Clauson $3,500 for second sump (frag tank like Don Martins), Drum Filter, and 8' Overflow.

Reason for the request is non performance after 18 months since first payment. Failure to respond to calls, voicemails, text and emails to your company email.

I consider your equipment the best. I am saddened that you have not provided any gear and have stopped responding to my requests for fulfillment.

Please feel free to Venmo me the refund at the following account and we part as friends.

Kind regards,
Dave Anderson”

Even after sending the above I tried one more time to make things right by sending this:

“Bill, will you please call me? I’m getting ready to order MRC gear and engage with our attorney to get a refund from you ($4,000) and Tricia ($9,500). I would much rather just get the gear we paid for from you but you aren’t doing what you promised. This is the last time I will reach out to give you the opportunity to make things right. I’m disappointed you have put me in this position but I figured I would reach out one more time before moving forward with the only options I have available. Please call me so we can get this settled. Best, Dave”

Honestly such a bummer. I liked Bill but with him not responding at all I don’t know what else to do. :disappointed-face:

Way too nice, take him to court, Compensatory damages, punitive damages plus any attorney fees you incur. Throw the book

What a total waste of time. Sorry your going through all this.

This hobby isn’t the easiest on the pockets, not to mention all the time and planing to set up a large system like yours.

To have this guy string you and others along for so long is unacceptable, it’s criminal!

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think so.
LOL, yep…
if it’s an older video then it may be him…
The new videos all over are Andrew’s tank and it’s awesome. He even had a similar problem with Bill.
Way too nice, take him to court, Compensatory damages, punitive damages plus any attorney fees you incur. Throw the book

What a total waste of time. Sorry your going through all this.

This hobby isn’t the easiest on the pockets, not to mention all the time and planing to set up a large system like yours.

To have this guy string you and others along for so long is unacceptable, it’s criminal!
I do get upset sometimes when I think about how much extra work I am doing to make up for the gear not being built and the funds not being available to roll into new gear. Such a bummer!!

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The new videos all over are Andrew’s tank and it’s awesome. He even had a similar problem with Bill.

I think Andrew got banned from certain media platforms for having a go at him, as said I love his tanks and the hobby will learn from him imo.

Theo_0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So who did you decide on for building the new equipment? I’m sure your next venture with such a company will have some adjusted clauses in the contract?

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man great build. Just read through everything over a couple days. Sucks about the equipment, I always liked Bill’s stuff. It’s funny because I used to follow him on FB and now I see he isn’t on there. Anyway, who are you going with now?
Are you waiting for a refund/settlement? Seems that could take a while and it looks like you’ve been waiting a year and a half or more already.

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So who did you decide on for building the new equipment? I’m sure your next venture with such a company will have some adjusted clauses in the contract?
Working with MRC… they make some good stuff…
Hey man great build. Just read through everything over a couple days. Sucks about the equipment, I always liked Bill’s stuff. It’s funny because I used to follow him on FB and now I see he isn’t on there. Anyway, who are you going with now?
Are you waiting for a refund/settlement? Seems that could take a while and it looks like you’ve been waiting a year and a half or more already.
Thank you! Me too loved what he was doing but he’s not responding anymore. Asked for the refund but to no avail. We will have to litigate to get the money back. Just another delay to work through.

Back