Anderson Family Reef - Concrete Aquarium 5,000 gallon DIY

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already had the strips so I wanted to use them if possible. Excited to see how it looks and what the PAR reading ends up being... Fingers crossed!!
I think you will be happy. If they match the par at all to the kessil a500 which is around the same power and point source light you'll be very happy.

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D7D3DD8D-D7B1-4637-A9BB-B67304303DD7.jpeg
5FFCD29D-0E01-4F30-9965-79C790B4B640.jpeg

finished the access opening to the back of the tank through the fish room… now I can frame in the front two walls of the tank!!

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even with the filtration equipment being delayed, you’re still making good progress.

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even with the filtration equipment being delayed, you’re still making good progress.
Thank you!

Sent a nice text to Bill Wann this morning to see what his timeline is or if he will just send me back the money so I can move forward on the filtration.

I'm doing all kinds of extra moves because the gear is not here... it's been over a year ago now that I placed the order/paid and a few months with water in the tank... That is plenty of patience/time for that big of a spend on filtration I think... I'll admit I am getting a little frustrated... :confused:

One piece of gear (that I ordered) every other month would have had it here in time...

WisReef

Jedi Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have missed this earlier in the thread; but what your plan to make/mix up that much saltwater?

SWEET build tho! :cool:;Jawdrop

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have missed this earlier in the thread; but what your plan to make/mix up that much saltwater?

SWEET build tho! :cool:;Jawdrop
I have 2-210 gallon barrels and a 500 gallon one on the way for water changes…10%ish every other week is my plan…

thanks for checking it out!
Now that is an awesome tank. Someone may have already asked, but what is the coral plan for this beast?
Mixed reef, Softies and LSP down low with SPS up higher… and adjust as needed… ;)

Sltloser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tested out one Cannon last night… it’s super bright!! Planning on running 9-10k whites, 4-460nm blues in the center of each quadrant and surround them with Reefbrite XHO’s then adjust as needed

Will you try to get a PAR meter in there to get an approximate idea of what this bad boy pushes out throughout it's footprint/depth?

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will you try to get a PAR meter in there to get an approximate idea of what this bad boy pushes out throughout it's footprint/depth?
Yes, once I get all the light rack built out and all the lights on it then I will measure out some par action for sure!! Need to know where to grow the good stuff!! ;)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 96 44.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 33.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 16.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back