Andre’s Full blown 300Gallon SPS Reeftank up within a week ;-)

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure did!
That’s an important instrument for me to work out some Nitrogen supplements ;-)

Check this out:

Man, I wish I had deep pockets. Several people have them now, and even more people have them shipping soon. I’ll wait and get the reports from you guys before I spend 1K.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andre, why do you run mostly Giesemann Actinic bulbs? I’m very curious. Do most people in Germany/ European countries run these T5 bulbs? Are you trying to achieve lower PAR? What is your PAR?

Most everybody I know that keep acropora run mostly ATI Blue+ or ATI ABS. Including your boy Diesel. Let me know man, trying to figure this out.

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will give that article a read, I struggle with low pH due to CARX use and lots of breathing in the house. I need to get a kalk reactor online with some scheduled dosing into the tank, I will keep it decoupled from the ATO though so that it is more controlled. Not sure I can keep my temp much lower though... in hot-california it takes energy to stay cool!

Great link, fun to discuss.

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given your interest in bacterial populations in your tank and their importance in Acropora health, you should check out this service:

He'll produce a profile of all of the bacteria species in your tank and tell you how it compares to other reef tanks.

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given your interest in bacterial populations in your tank and their importance in Acropora health, you should check out this service:

He'll produce a profile of all of the bacteria species in your tank and tell you how it compares to other reef tanks.
Thank you! I heard from Dana Riddle about this but had no website for this analysis.

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andre, why do you run mostly Giesemann Actinic bulbs? I’m very curious. Do most people in Germany/ European countries run these T5 bulbs? Are you trying to achieve lower PAR? What is your PAR?

Most everybody I know that keep acropora run mostly ATI Blue+ or ATI ABS. Including your boy Diesel. Let me know man, trying to figure this out.
Well, as Pm'ed already I mostly run the Giesemann bulbs. 4 Actinic blue, 1 Purple, ! Azure and 2 Super Actinics along with the LED's from the fixture.

I run actually less PAR, but I'm a strong believer on long Photoperiod therefore.
Light hungry SPS are on the top in 500-600 during the 2 hour light peak. Most Acro get 250-350, some 450 PAR for the most part. Every coral is different and I move corals around depending on appearance.

By the way, the bulb combo is the DIESEL combo when he was running the best colors on his SPS.

RedSea500MaxS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Little update, refilled 30lbs Sand and started Amino Acids again.

Now have to get Po4 down again a bit after feeding too much phytoplankton ;-)

Always something ;-)

Sorry Rev. HOLY CXXP1. That is crazy, magnificent, I am on my way to bust front of my tank out with hammer it suck so bad compared! Kidding, great job I wish I had that time, cash and talents.

can we come see it? If so pls pm me contact info, I would love to see it and talk how you did it.

thx for sharing!

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PSXerholic I think I got this frag from you, but don't remember what it is. Does it look like anything you had before the Harvey crash?
DSC_6547.jpg
Do you still have it?
Maybe a picture of now to see how the coral grows out???

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Little update, refilled 30lbs Sand and started Amino Acids again.

Now have to get Po4 down again a bit after feeding too much phytoplankton ;-)

Always something ;-)
Amazing!! I never get tired of looking at your photos. Love following your tank!

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you still have it?
Maybe a picture of now to see how the coral grows out???
Thank you for helping ID it. I had to relocate the tank a few weeks ago, so the color is a little dulled. The growth seems like it wants to table almost?
DSC_8093.jpg

Here's a pic from Jan 2017 when it was still tiny.
DSC_1809.jpg

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for helping ID it. I had to relocate the tank a few weeks ago, so the color is a little dulled. The growth seems like it wants to table almost?
DSC_8093.jpg

Here's a pic from Jan 2017 when it was still tiny.
DSC_1809.jpg
I think I need a good chunky frag back of this ;-) Lost my one in the Harvey flood disaster.
This seems to be a frag of either the Lighting bolt, or otherwise more likely from a UC Indo wild colony I bought once.

You need to go back to my method to allow better coloration Sir!!!
Bet you haven't done that in a while.
I have released a Handbook for the method you need to read ;-)
Things improved quite well since we spoke last time.

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot ;-)

Nah you can't do that, that will again bring my nutrients out of whack, lol.
So glad that I have been stabilized these so far........
I promise not to add any nutrients! haha

Definitely looking stable and happy as can be! I've got my new tank coming this weekend for the house we just moved into so I'll be going over your cycling method with a fine tooth comb again!! :D

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I promise not to add any nutrients! haha

Definitely looking stable and happy as can be! I've got my new tank coming this weekend for the house we just moved into so I'll be going over your cycling method with a fine tooth comb again!! :D
That’s what they all say ;-)

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Rev. HOLY CXXP1. That is crazy, magnificent, I am on my way to bust front of my tank out with hammer it suck so bad compared! Kidding, great job I wish I had that time, cash and talents.

can we come see it? If so pls pm me contact info, I would love to see it and talk how you did it.

thx for sharing!
You are in Houston?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back