Anemone compatibility?

Catherine01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I recently purchased a BTA, once I placed him in the tank he moved around a bit and decided to settle right next to my Mini Maxi anemone. They are roughly 2 inches away from each other, but I find the BTA tends to lean closer to it during the day, as the mini maxi is sitting almost directly below my light and I imagine the BTA is trying to get as close to the light as possible. Is there any risk of them stinging each other, or can I leave them be? To be honest I'm tempted to just move the mini maxi but his foot is deep in the rock, I can't even see it so this is pretty difficult. I attached a pic to show just how close they are. The mini maxi is a bit shriveled atm as I had poked it a bit before taking the photo.

Thoughts if I should bother to move them or are they fine?

minimaxbta.jpeg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not try to move them. They could be fine or they could decide they dont like each other. If they do decide not to get along then move one of them.

OP
OP
C

Catherine01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would I look out for if they weren't getting along? I assume they might shrivel away from one another

bsn_rn_cen

Grandmaster Algae Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will be fine. I have maxi rfa and bta all smushed together and none seem bothered by it. When the bta gets itself all opened up it runs right up on the maxi. The maxi has moved down even closer since this picture.
20190712_205151.jpg

OP
OP
C

Catherine01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I appreciate the info. I'll just have to keep an eye on the two of them and take further action only if needed

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back