Anemone declining

Connor JG4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I’m new to the salt water hobby, I have a RBTA, over the past 2-3 months (I’ve had it for 8 months. My tank is 9 months old) at first my anemone bleach (went under the rocks) I changed the Aqua-scape so it was under the LEDs, I feed it and it regained most of the colour but it was smaller and the tentacles had lost there bubbles, the last week to two weeks it’s been on a constant down hill and recently moved I was able to get it and placed it into a in-tank breeder thing and added some rocks so it could hold on to something.
The tentacles are shrunken in and there is a small amount of the things in the stomach coming out of one or two tentacles at the base, also the foot on one side has a brown tint to it (it’s foot is white). It has a strong foot hold and there doesn’t appear to be any cuts or rips in it., the mouth is closed tight

thank you.

OP
OP
Connor JG4

Connor JG4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will require treatment to bring it back. See the sticky at the top of this thread forum.
i don’t have a spare tank, can I do it in my display tank it’s a fluval 13.5g nano, or would it harm my other corals.

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would kill all the bacteria in your tank. I would not recommend it. Are the lights strong enough for it?

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do it in a 10 gal aquarium but it canNOT be your display tank.
Treat with cipro.
As previous person mentioned also check the sticky.
if you have questions feel free to pm me. I just did this with my rBTA and she is much better after treatment

OP
OP
Connor JG4

Connor JG4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do it in a 10 gal aquarium but it canNOT be your display tank.
Treat with cipro.
As previous person mentioned also check the sticky.
if you have questions feel free to pm me. I just did this with my rBTA and she is much better after treatment
ive looked at cipro but it seems to only be available in America (I’m from the uk) is there any alternative that might be available in the uk. would it be alright if I do the treatment in a plastic storage bin as I don’t have another tank.
thank you

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back