Anemone doesn't look great after aplitting

tjohnson139

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2025
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Location
Portland
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I've had reef tanks for a while, but this is a new tank - finished cycling in mid-June.

I bought this Sherman Rose. It's been happy, eating, doing great. It split Thursday. I understand they're trying to heal themselves, but I'm not liking the way they look. Any thoughts? Normal or sick?

Salinity: 1.024
pH: 7.9
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 5
Phosphate: 0
Temp: 78

Thank you all!

20250804_125525(0).jpg 20250804_125525.jpg 20250804_125522.jpg
 
They are adjusting. Did you change flow or light settings?

Hey. Thanks for the reply. I have been a little. Since it's a new tank, I've been trying to dial things in. I haven't changed anything for a few weeks, though.

They looked so much better last night. They were both fully inflated. I think you're right. New tank. Just split. They're probably just trying to heal and adjust.

Thanks for replying. I appreciate your help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new