Anemone Expelling White Stringy Stuff (With Video)

  • Thread starter Thread starter ShaggyRS6
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2017
Messages
1,101
Reaction score
1,272
Location
MT Juliet, Tennessee
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have seen my nem expel the brown stuff. But never white stringy stuff. It’s gone really small and I can see it’s mouth.
2087D8F9-8E9D-476F-B4ED-C5408F6723AB.jpeg


 
Last edited:
I tell ya. This thing will be the death of me. Now back out colors looking better than I have ever seen it at night!
BBFFF066-6CE9-4F3B-A255-A617CDC5F081.jpeg
 
I cant view the vid but im thinking reproducing...or trying to...
 
I believe it's "pooping". Did you feed it recently?
 
Mine occasionally do that also, it's normal.
 
Yea mine close up until lights start coming up. Been doing that for years,

Nems do alot of interesting things - mine close up, their shapes change when I'm scraping algae off the glass. They're a great barometer of tank health, if the flow is correct and lighting is good they get as big as dinner plates. I've been feeding mine little-neck clams (after reading Paul B's thread) and they have split numerous times. These guys are 15+ years old with a matched pair of maroon clowns same age.

Nems.jpg nem island.JPG
 
Well I had been feeding silver side until last night. With the silverside I would get brown poop stuff, with the clam I got this clear stuff!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new