Anemone Help

Birdman Broham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Can anyone suggest a Anemone for me to pair up with my clown. She is about 4-5” Maroon Lighting. Just don’t know all the species and what would look better in the tank. Also, why did you chose the one you suggested. Thank you all

Wrassenaround

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you had unlimited budget, a CSB :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Jokes aside personally I would pick some sort of a Bubble Tip. IMO they look the best and are easier than some others. I had a bubble tip and it did well until I had a minor tank crash. Clowns never hosted it so you always run the risk of your maroon clown also not hosting.
Bubble tips are also the natural host to them.

You do know that they are prone to taking a walk around the tank right?

OP
OP
Birdman Broham

Birdman Broham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
If you had unlimited budget, a CSB :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Jokes aside personally I would pick some sort of a Bubble Tip. IMO they look the best and are easier than some others. I had a bubble tip and it did well until I had a minor tank crash. Clowns never hosted it so you always run the risk of your maroon clown also not hosting.
Bubble tips are also the natural host to them.

You do know that they are prone to taking a walk around the tank right?
Yes I’m aware they enjoying a stroll around. Never had a BTA. Do they settle down in rocks?

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have rainbow bubbletips in my 75, clowns love them, took a while to snuggle up though, but once they did they never left. I have been lucky and they love where i initially put the ONE, but now I have 15... and crowding has forced a couple off the island. They are really easy to care for, as long as the tank is mature enough to support them, and when healthy are pretty hardy.

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have rainbow bubbletips in my 75, clowns love them, took a while to snuggle up though, but once they did they never left. I have been lucky and they love where i initially put the ONE, but now I have 15... and crowding has forced a couple off the island. They are really easy to care for, as long as the tank is mature enough to support them, and when healthy are pretty hardy.
You now have 15 BTN?

OP
OP
Birdman Broham

Birdman Broham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Ended up seeing this huge Sabae Anenome and placed it in the corner and turned off all the flow to encourage it to plant. Well it did just that and my clown went straight to it and is having a blast, very happy moment for me

Attachments

• IMG_9158.jpeg
    IMG_9158.jpeg
    174.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9157.jpeg
    IMG_9157.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 32

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubble tip would be good for starting with don’t buy a lot because they will split. If your water is ok they are quite hardy as anemones go

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up seeing this huge Sabae Anenome and placed it in the corner and turned off all the flow to encourage it to plant. Well it did just that and my clown went straight to it and is having a blast, very happy moment for me
Cool. So they clowns when to it right away? That is amazing. I didn’t know you could put it in the sand.

TheBear78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I’m aware they enjoying a stroll around. Never had a BTA. Do they settle down in rocks?

I'm about 6 months into RBTA care in my 110 gal. The tank was a year old when I got it.
Initially it seemed in a happy spot until it touched a nearby mushroom after a few weeks (coincidence maybe...). It then went for a little walk and found a nice crevice in the rock where it's been ever since. It has also recently split and both pieces are in the same spot for now.
I expect one of them to move a little bit soon though as you never know when they've decided to move.
You can remove just remove them if they split as I probably would if it got to 15!!

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. So did they split? Can’t you just take them out?
Yes, most of them are splits, but some came out super small, wonder if they have babies. sure you can take them out, I pulled all but 5 out of my display. they are in another tank now until i figure out what to do with them.

Wrassenaround

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they do eventually, I found with mine that when I made flow changes that was when they always took a stroll. It looks like you found a nice Sabae and your clown enjoys it as well.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 143 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back