Anemone help

Bugzin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I need some help with an anemone. So I recently purchased an anemone that looked exactly like the nice colorful picture down below a couple weeks ago and now it has turned dark and lost its coloration and bubbles. I directly feed him about twice a week and I have the slightest idea as to what could be happening. I currently have 7 corals in the tank and then the anemone everything else is prospering but the anem just looks wild. He moves around slightly sometimes he shrinks most times he just has long slinky tentacles that have lost most of the color. Any ideas as to what is happening? Is it dying? Is this normal?

1698512048265.png

IMG_1962.jpg

OP
OP
B

Bugzin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That first picture wasn't the same anemone in the tank as the one I purchased was smaller, but that is what he looked like when I first purchased him. Just to clarify.

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I need some help with an anemone. So I recently purchased an anemone that looked exactly like the nice colorful picture down below a couple weeks ago and now it has turned dark and lost its coloration and bubbles. I directly feed him about twice a week and I have the slightest idea as to what could be happening. I currently have 7 corals in the tank and then the anemone everything else is prospering but the anem just looks wild. He moves around slightly sometimes he shrinks most times he just has long slinky tentacles that have lost most of the color. Any ideas as to what is happening? Is it dying? Is this normal?

1698512048265.png

IMG_1962.jpg
Pic under white light only please. What is it’s mouth doing?

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any specific reason you’re feeding it twice a week ?

OP
OP
B

Bugzin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any specific reason you’re feeding it twice a week ?

I've read like mixed results here and there, I wasn't particularly sure what good amount so I started out doing like Monday and Saturday or Sunday. So no specific reason other than trying to see what works best and trying to be consistent.

Pillahump

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks perfectly fine to me, I wouldn't target feed it and if you do just give it a little bit of mysis or brine from the frozen cube nothing crazy. Bubble tip anemone can either be bubbly or have longer tentacles just depends.

subkiller82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm unsure how that question is helpful. Could you please elaborate I need what you think of feeding schedule should be?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back