Anemone hosting

mushrommy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there! I got 2 btas not that long ago (a few days ago). one rbta and one rainbow bta. I have two ocellaris clownfish. They have not a single interest in the nems I bought them lol. I don't really care if they don't take the nems as a host, unlike a lot of people! But I do want my clownfish to live in the nems. They do seem to go around them when I feed so should I feed my nems so they get interested? My tank is pretty empty so I don't mind the btas growing big and splitting. Any other ways that I can make this happen without removing the nems? Also, I think they're interested in taking a freaking candy cane coral as a host! The female is so crazy.
Thank's to anyone who answers!

OP
OP
M

mushrommy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand... You don't care if the clowns host in the nems but you do want them to live in them?? It's the same thing, lol.
lol, I'm so sorry if I made it confusing. I'm just wondering if there's any way to lure them to the anemone. I'm just saying if nothing works I'm fine with it.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, I'm so sorry if I made it confusing. I'm just wondering if there's any way to lure them to the anemone. I'm just saying if nothing works I'm fine with it.
My clowns took about a year to figure out the nems... I'd just wait it out.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t keep BTA anymore, but years ago I would always have success by putting the nem and 2 small clowns in a breeder box for about a week. They usually figured it out really quick.

But like others have mentioned, your clowns will likely just end up “figuring it out” one day and should just let them do their thing. My clowns out of nowhere just decided a week ago that they enjoy some zoanthids that have been literally right next to their little lair for about 8 months.
IMG_0742.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back