Anemone?(I’m new)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Carmal
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Carmal

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2018
Messages
50
Reaction score
29
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on getting a pair of clowns and I know people get anemone for clowns, would an anemone be a good choice for a beginner and in a 50 gallon tank?
 
I think there is a lot of factors involved with anemone's . Tell us about your tank . Stuff like how long it's been running ,lighting, fish & water parameters .stuff like that. I'd like to know also. I'm probably getting one soon.
 
Last edited:
50 gal be fine for a bta but tank needs to be stable and that means waiting 6 months to a year....
 
Ok thanks, I haven’t gotten the tank yet!
 
For an anemone, you need to make sure you have stable parameters and that takes time to learn. The tank also needs to build up a great zooplankton population. This means a more mature tank. Just make sure you get good lighting for the nem too. Clowns do not need an anemone in home aquaria. But, the relationship is really fascinating and wonderful to watch and see.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new