Anemone ID. Rock flower offspring?

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had multiple RFA spawning events in both of my tanks. Found this little guy in the big tank and thought "cool! RFA baby!" placed it in the nano to grow up. At that time, I also moved the suspected "Mother" RFA to the nano.
Now there is a second one next to the first baby in the nano. The foot of the "mother" is the white thing top left of the picture, so they are close.
20230111_133354.jpg

Tentacles are to short and frilled to be aptasia. Definitely not majanos. Tentacles are pointed, so not ball anemones. No hard parts. Definitely a nem of some kind. Maybe just coincidence that another one sprung up right next to the first?

OP
OP
SamMule

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, several. However, throughout all of the spawning events over the years I have not had offspring in the nano. And at one point it had 6 or 7 adults. But, the big tank with a whopping 3 adults produced a few. There is too much flow for them though and they end up disappearing in there. So, after this last batch, I moved the ugly mother and the one baby I found in the sand.

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, several. However, throughout all of the spawning events over the years I have not had offspring in the nano. And at one point it had 6 or 7 adults. But, the big tank with a whopping 3 adults produced a few. There is too much flow for them though and they end up disappearing in there. So, after this last batch, I moved the ugly mother and the one baby I found in the sand.
yeah so its probably a baby rfa. The one that you moved may have been a male or female and the others the opposite hence you got a new baby now and not before.

OP
OP
SamMule

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There hasn't been a spawning event since I moved it. Only been a few weeks, and I think gestation period alone is longer than that.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 143 60.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 27.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 64 27.2%
Back