Anemone ID?

Savoury

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180309_215543.jpg 20180309_223829.jpg Need help identifying this anemone. So I went to the lfs few days ago and on an impulse buy, I couldn' resist getting this anemone. Guy said it's a tri color anemone but I couldn't find anything on it online. Want to say it's a rock anemone and if it is; read that they don't host clownfishes but here's my girl bugging the hell out it. Sorry for the bad pics

Logan A.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180309_215543.jpg 20180309_223829.jpg Need help identifying this anemone. So I went to the lfs few days ago and on an impulse buy, I couldn' resist getting this anemone. Guy said it's a tri color anemone but I couldn't find anything on it online. Want to say it's a rock anemone and if it is; read that they don't host clownfishes but here's my girl bugging the hell out it. Sorry for the bad pics
It almost looks like a Cindy or Heitain (can't spell) reef anemone to me .Maybe even something along the lines of a tube anemone.

OP
OP
Savoury

Savoury

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this picture help? This was a picture of it before it move to its new spot so it'll be hard to get any more pics of its foot. I'l try again after work. The anemones you guys mentioned, dont they like lights and flow because mine seems to shy away from it and my lights are only at 40% and 12 inches above the water line? Also if this help, it has a purple foot and disk with about 3 to 4 max of tentacles near the edge then its all cleared around the mouth

20180308_112806.jpg

Last edited:

Lance M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this picture help? This was a picture of it before it move to its new spot so it'll be hard to get any more pics of its foot. I'l try again after work. The anemones you guys mentioned, dont they like lights and flow because mine seems to shy away from it and my lights are only at 40% and 12 inches above the water line? Also if this help, it has a purple foot and disk with about 3 to 4 max of tentacles near the edge then its all cleared around the mouth

20180308_112806.jpg

Yes. That is a bta.

What lights do you have? Let it do what it wants for awhile. It needs to acclimate to your tank and may or may not hide for awhile. Watch its mouth though. It should not be open regularly.

OP
OP
Savoury

Savoury

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. That is a bta.

What lights do you have? Let it do what it wants for awhile. It needs to acclimate to your tank and may or may not hide for awhile. Watch its mouth though. It should not be open regularly.

Thanks lance. Appreciate it. I have the older version of the hydra. It definitely looks better today than it was at the lfs and when I first put it in

Back