anemone id?

Brandon103095

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2019
Messages
134
Reaction score
127
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, noticed this nem on one of my rocks thismorning and was hoping someone could tell me what it is.. doesnt look like aptasia to me and i dont have any other nems in this tank. its extremely small so if i need to wait a while and post pics when it gets bigger thats understandable thanks!

IMG_2193.JPG IMG_2194.JPG
 
Majano. Take lemon juice or Kalkwasser powder and mix into a thin paste and using a syringe, inject the liquid into the center core of the Majano. It will melt away
 
These pest are much harder to control than aptasia. I would do what ever you need to do to nuke him before he can spread. Normally, I don't nuke things, except these guys. I epoxy them or have a small cooking torch that I torch that one spot where they are at.
BTW, IF YOU USE TORCH, DON'T TORCH ANY ZOANTHUS OR PALYTHOA CORAL. THEY CAN BE VERY TOXIC AND POTENTIALLY KILL YOU
 
You do have Zoanthus in your tank (1st picture) Make sure you read about Palytoxin that some Zoanthus produce so you won't ended up dead someday.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new