Anemone Id

blueacegrace

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 29, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Below are pics of an anemone that I got along with the clown fish it was hosting. I was told its a sebae, but want to verify. Thanks!

20201029_180809.jpg
20201029_180832.jpg
20201029_180852.jpg
 
School me Orion, when I click on the pictures and make them big I see beads on the tentacles which makes me think it's a Heteractis Aurora. What am I missing?
 
Some Malu have rings. Malu have more tentacle counts than Aurora. And the beads of the aurora are a lot more prominent than rings on Malu. Not all Malu have a lot of rings. Some just barely have partial rings on a few tentacles.
Here is a Aurora from the Net. Notice the shapes and sparely populated tentacles. Like LTA but with beads.
BD432707-A2F2-44E8-9558-B515647B78F5.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the help. The anemone actually had moved from the original place I had put it to this spot and then moved to a new spot that night that it seems like. It looks a lot happier now that it's had a few weeks to settle in and had a couple of meals. I might try to post a newer picture later on today
 
Here it is today. No idea why it has wedged itself there, but seems to be content. I have heard conflicting info on feeding, but do you recommend feeding and if so how often? I have offered food every other week and its eaten every time




20201117_170041.jpg
20201117_170102.jpg
20201117_170136.jpg
20201117_170337.jpg
 
I would feed. Just don’t over do it.

I would give it some pellets or frozen brine/ mysis when you feed your fish.
 
I would feed every few days. I think it need to heal the injury and damage it got from shipping across 1/2 the world. After a few weeks, then you can decide if you want it to grow or not.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new