Anemone Identification help

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I received this Nem from a friend who got it in a trade and intended to sell it. Well when I went to his place this last weekend, I walked downstairs to check his tanks out and found this nem being sucked into the power head. Who knows how long it was happening but it was pretty mangled and wrapped up in it. I finally got it untangled and as you might imagine it wouldn’t be sold now. My friend was in no way set up to house this thing or treat it so I took it.

I believe it is likely a rose BTA but I’m a little unsure. It is quite large and has some interesting green marks around the mouth.

Today is day 5 of its cipro Treatment and it is doing quite well and should recover nicely.

F4F74954-7EEB-4C34-987E-E50CA49DD90C.jpeg 8CA8D256-E71E-465F-A2AC-A18328FC6CEB.jpeg

StlSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think those lines around the mouth mean it's for sure a BTA. Looks like a rose, but I'm not really an expert on all of the color variants. Props on rescuing it though, nice work.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Pretty bubble tip. As pretty as the watermelon version

OP
OP
Anthony Scholfield

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for your input, I was leaning towards a rose too. It does have a nice watermelon color in person and the green around the mouth is quite neat. :)

OP
OP
Anthony Scholfield

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@OrionN is more than 7 days cipro treatment ever recommended? Today was day 7 and i just added fresh water (8th change). I think the nem is doing well and healing but the last two days the water has gotten cloudy. Not sure if that is a sign it needs more treatment or not.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I typically don't recommend more than 7 days. At that point, the nem is either going to make it or it's a goner. Based on your photos the nem looks fine so I would just do a water change to get rid of the cloudy water and just keep it in QT another week to observe it.

OP
OP
Anthony Scholfield

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great, thanks :) I didn’t do another treatment. Just did a 100% water change. Ill continue to watch it and probably need to change the water again before it goes into the display.

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Great, thanks :) I didn’t do another treatment. Just did a 100% water change. Ill continue to watch it and probably need to change the water again before it goes into the display.
Sherman rose bubble tips are the kind of rare ones. They don’t have any green in them just the dark rose/maroon color sometimes some brown but never any green. Once that colors up you’ll know better if it’s just a rose or a Sherman. But I’ve seen bubble tips change colors all the time in other people’s tanks so I really don’t go too much by all the special names. In my opinion it’s a rip off if you’re not matching the sellers tank parameters perfect, there’s a risk you’ll change the color of the bubble tip

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back