Anemone Identification

Pittsford_Pets

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 19, 2017
Messages
414
Reaction score
178
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are what I'm interested in. Doesn't really look like a Bubble tip though... Thoughts? Didn't get a good look at the anemone last time I was there, but went today to trade in some plants and wasn't sure about it when I looked.

78bb2f05915cd5292d675a140889ebc1.png


If you'd like to see the video (this is screenshot) look on my insta @reeftank20g on insta
 
What lighting is the anemone under, it looks pale. Nice clownfish.

Not sure, I'll have to ask. I don't even know what kind of anemone it is - doesn't look like a BTA to me. I've seen the anemone twice and I guess I thought it was bubble just cause they labeled it. Haven't paid a ton of attention not the actual anemone cause I've just been going in for my application stuff.

Any idea what kind of anemone?
 
Do you think it's still a good deal? 70 for the clown and anemone. I can just get the clown though (45)
 
Do you think it's still a good deal? 70 for the clown and anemone. I can just get the clown though (45)

What is your tank setup? How old? Lights, etc.

Fairly confident in it being a bta. It doesn't look bad but whatever anemone it is, it is bleached, so you are not starting off with a good specimen. It can come back given a proper environment, but be aware it is not suppose to look like that.
 
What is your tank setup? How old? Lights, etc.

Fairly confident in it being a bta. It doesn't look bad but whatever anemone it is, it is bleached, so you are not starting off with a good specimen. It can come back given a proper environment, but be aware it is not suppose to look like that.

Not my tank. It's in a Pet World that I just started working at, and it doesn't look anything like what I've seen a bta look like before... It'd be going into a Fluval Evo XII with media from my 10g. That is, after it goes through a month of qt and the Fluval goes through a month "cycling" - even though it's already my old rocks/sand/media.

I'm not sure that I want an already "damaged" anemone to be my first
 
Not my tank. It's in a Pet World that I just started working at, and it doesn't look anything like what I've seen a bta look like before... It'd be going into a Fluval Evo XII with media from my 10g. That is, after it goes through a month of qt and the Fluval goes through a month "cycling" - even though it's already my old rocks/sand/media.

I'm not sure that I want an already "damaged" anemone to be my first

Yes. I understood it was not in your tank. I was asking what your tank setup is because you were thinking about purchasing it. It can come back given a proper setup.
 
It look like a normal fairly healthy green BTA to me. Take a picture of the mouth and I can ID it 100% sure
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new