Anemone in a 9gal tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pvtgloss
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2022
Messages
2,282
Reaction score
3,312
Location
Asheville
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My daughter really wants an anemone in her 9gal Florida deskmate. We've never had an anemone but we are pretty good at this reef thing. Not the best, but getting there. Is it possible to get a small anemone for clowns? How fast do they grow? TIA
 
My daughter really wants an anemone in her 9gal Florida deskmate. We've never had an anemone but we are pretty good at this reef thing. Not the best, but getting there. Is it possible to get a small anemone for clowns? How fast do they grow? TIA
Ya an rbta will be good.
 
Be careful, anemones move around to find the right spot, so if you have any corals, take them out because the anemone will kill them if they touch them. They also split, which is their form of reproduction, so you could end up with the tank filled with them-, or not.
 
I think I'm gonna pass on this tank. It's going to be a lps tank. It might be hard in this small tank to give enough par without cooking the lps .
 
I think I'm gonna pass on this tank. It's going to be a lps tank. It might be hard in this small tank to give enough par without cooking the lps .
I think that is a good choice.
 
Hi
My advise on this is get one as long as you can accommodate it I.e stable Params/lighting etc etc
Imo it won’t grow fast if you don’t feed every day and you don’t want that poop in a small tank anyway but don’t worry cos it’ll be fine without feeding with correct lighting
get a small one and enjoy
 
A rbta stay smaller and will split more often. Easy enough to remove and trade or sell
 
Anenomes are loved in the hobby, but many people can not house them, because it is too risky with all of the expensive corals in the tank. It's either an anemone tank or just a coral tank.
 
A rbta stay smaller and will split more often. Easy enough to remove and trade or sell
What kinda par would it need? 250-300?
As small as the tank is, everything is probably going to be at that par or close.
I guess I would have to pretty much stick to sps.
 
They like high-medium light, so if you are going to add one to a tank, make sure that there is spots with 250-350 PAR.
I'll put the par meter in the tank before I decide. Thanks
 
My daughter really wants an anemone in her 9gal Florida deskmate. We've never had an anemone but we are pretty good at this reef thing. Not the best, but getting there. Is it possible to get a small anemone for clowns? How fast do they grow? TIA
20231001_220530.jpg
look at all those nems. 100par and up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new