Anemone mouth sticking out

D. Torres

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2018
Messages
122
Reaction score
47
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this has been posted/asked before. I have about 17 anemones in my aquarium. I started with 2 originally and they've split several times. They are BTAs but they only bubble sometimes as everyone knows already. My question is why do some of my nems have their mouth sticking out. I'm not sure how else to describe it. Any help would be appreciated.

20200727_193841.jpg 20200727_193837.jpg
 
Why they do it? I'm unsure. Maybe to clean the gut? But it's not at all uncommon.
 
Why they do it? I'm unsure. Maybe to clean the gut? But it's not at all uncommon.

I just thought some of them might have not formed properly from splitting. Because the ones that are like that stay like that. I never see them return to a "normal" state.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new