Water totally fine idk why my anemone acting weird

image.jpg image.jpg

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what type of nem that is. Not a LTA. Maybe BTA? If it just arrived, it could have been majorly stressed during shipment. Make sure to put in the tank with no flow to avoid it getting caught somewhere.
May need to put in a qt type tank and give it some cipro. I have never done it with BTAs, only carpets, so hopefully someone else will chime in soon.

OP
OP
Why so serious

Why so serious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what type of nem that is. Not a LTA. Maybe BTA? If it just arrived, it could have been majorly stressed during shipment. Make sure to put in the tank with no flow to avoid it getting caught somewhere.
May need to put in a qt type tank and give it some cipro. I have never done it with BTAs, only carpets, so hopefully someone else will chime in soon.
ITS a bta

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 30

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was this a new purchase or just a sick nem? I guess I thought new one for some reason. Could be sick for many reasons. Sometimes different BTAsdo not get along.
Looks like a tomato or maroon in the tank. They can be hard on smaller nems.
Need more details as to when this illness started, if anything in tank new, changed, etc.

OP
OP
Why so serious

Why so serious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it new? It could be acclimating? Your others seem to have adjusted to your parameters.... when you say water is totally fine, it might well be, but what are the numbers.
I got this anemone from my friend it was split and I bring it in my tank it’s just doesn’t do well as other bta was doing

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back