OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You shouldn't expect someone who doesn't suffer from anxiety to understand it. Anxiety and depression are often debilitating, deadly, and usually completely overlooked/ignored by bystanders.

Feel free to ask away, we got your back!
yea i have both unfortunately and yea i have lots to ask my next thing would probably be sps or something

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It looks healthy. A very light-colored anemone is often one that has lost some of its photosynthetic algae, which is a bad thing. Also, when they shrink down for the night, it concentrates their color and makes them look temporariy darker.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks healthy. A very light-colored anemone is often one that has lost some of its photosynthetic algae, which is a bad thing. Also, when they shrink down for the night, it concentrates their color and makes them look temporariy darker.
but it also looks that color during the day

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@nanonøkk i understand your worry I feel the same way about mine. Darn anemone has me on edge.
Things to remember
If it is opening up during the day. If it is fairly stuck to its rock. If it’s moth is closed expect when pooping or eating. Than don’t stress. Enjoy it.

If it starts to always be moving. Or if it’s deflated for loooooong periods of time ( like most of the day durning day time hours) if it has a gapping mouth. If you see filiments (I’ll find the thread I made with my nem when it was actually sick). Than we can help you through treatment.

How long have you had him you had him?

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@nanonøkk
This was my nem a few weeks ago. This is when you need to worry

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@nanonøkk i understand your worry I feel the same way about mine. Darn anemone has me on edge.
Things to remember
If it is opening up during the day. If it is fairly stuck to its rock. If it’s moth is closed expect when pooping or eating. Than don’t stress. Enjoy it.

If it starts to always be moving. Or if it’s deflated for loooooong periods of time ( like most of the day durning day time hours) if it has a gapping mouth. If you see filiments (I’ll find the thread I made with my nem when it was actually sick). Than we can help you through treatment.

How long have you had him you had him?
i’ve had him for about a month now i think

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@nanonøkk
This was my nem a few weeks ago. This is when you need to worry
oh is your nem ok now tho and what did it have

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh is your nem ok now tho and what did it have
Yup my men is fine now. And I’m assuming some bacterial infection of sorts. Don’t really know. He spent a week in an isolation cup within my tank before I treated him. But as you can see he was pretty bad off. He has filaments coming through his oral disc.

Don’t stress ( I know easier said than done) feel free to pm me if you have questions. But your nem seems to be acting normal. It’s like having a kid, always stressing you out!
B798C0C9-0DD8-4656-988A-BA16D6BA7619.jpeg

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup my men is fine now. And I’m assuming some bacterial infection of sorts. Don’t really know. He spent a week in an isolation cup within my tank before I treated him. But as you can see he was pretty bad off. He has filaments coming through his oral disc.

Don’t stress ( I know easier said than done) feel free to pm me if you have questions. But your nem seems to be acting normal. It’s like having a kid, always stressing you out!
B798C0C9-0DD8-4656-988A-BA16D6BA7619.jpeg
yea i guess it’s like having a kid and it’s looking really good

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He may just be getting use to your tank still.

Keep your water parameters stable. He will adjust. They just take their sweet time and they like to put us on edge
ok i’ve been keeping them really stable i’ve been having coraline algae growing on the second pump i added but it’s been there for months but only now is it starting to cover it

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i’ve been keeping them really stable i’ve been having coraline algae growing on the second pump i added but it’s been there for months but only now is it starting to cover it
Than just keep at it. relax and enjoy the view!

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why is your receding or bleaching or is it browning out
Not receding slightly started to look like it was bleaching so I moved it down. Just not growing. Granted I go it and it was already the size of a slice of pizza. I’m impatient. I’ve actually noticed it starting to color up and actually change colors on me.

I can’t really complain. It was free. It will work itself out. I feed it, it gives me the feeding response.

My hammer just mad a new head so something is right in my tank. I think the chalice is like your nem just trying to stress me. So now I’m in set it and forget it mode!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back