Anemone Stringy And "White Lips"

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All! My new bta has been in my tank for 4 days now and it appeared ok for the first 2 or 3 days, but today it's not looking too hot. It has these big white lips, around its mouth and there is pinkish purple stuff coming out of it. I hope it's not zooxanthellae :( If someone could help me out, I included some pics of the white lips, stringy tentacles, and pinkish purple stuff.
IMG_1742.jpg
IMG_1740.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All! My new bta has been in my tank for 4 days now and it appeared ok for the first 2 or 3 days, but today it's not looking too hot. It has these big white lips, around its mouth and there is pinkish purple stuff coming out of it. I hope it's not zooxanthellae :( If someone could help me out, I included some pics of the white lips, stringy tentacles, and pinkish purple stuff.
IMG_1742.jpg
IMG_1740.jpg
Looks to be adjusting, but that tank looks awfully new as well.

Can you provide your parameters, tank age and lighting to us please? These will help a lot to see if it is just adjusting or if something else is off.

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s mouth is definitely open.
How olds the tank and how did you acclimate it?

OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks to be adjusting, but that tank looks awfully new as well.

Can you provide your parameters, tank age and lighting to us please? These will help a lot to see if it is just adjusting or if something else is off.
My parameters are, ph: 8.1 kh: 8 nitrate: 0 nitrite: 0. I have a Current USA LED and just ordered an AI Prime, that should be here sometime this week. I added an LED I had laying around to try and help get some more light in the tank. My tank is 1 in a half years old and I had to flip the one rock because the nem wedged itself underneath, thats why the rock is white in that spot.

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0 nitrates isn’t good. Nems like some as well as many other critters. You could just feed a little heavier and see if that raises it.
did you turn your lighting down when you added the nem? Usually an acclimation period for photo is a good idea. Also, was it’s mouth open at all when you got it? Have you seen it inflating itself and then shrinking? It could be expelling some zoo’s it could also just be pooping. Does it repsond to being touched? Are the tentacles sticky at all?

OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0 nitrates isn’t good. Nems like some as well as many other critters. You could just feed a little heavier and see if that raises it.
did you turn your lighting down when you added the nem? Usually an acclimation period for photo is a good idea. Also, was it’s mouth open at all when you got it? Have you seen it inflating itself and then shrinking? It could be expelling some zoo’s it could also just be pooping. Does it repsond to being touched? Are the tentacles sticky at all?
My lights are pretty low right now. I ordered the nem off liveaquaria and it was inside out when I got it. The tentacles will get some thickness to them and then go to spaghetti. It sort of responds to being touched, but the tentacles dont seem to be sticky.

OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rock is hasn't fully matured yet. There are spots of coraline algae all of the rocks, but I don't think it has grown much due to my lighting conditions. I ordered an AI prime that should arrive this week. Here is a pic of the full tank.
IMG_1743.jpg

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I think the tank is probably too sterile to support a nem at this time. It might come around. I wouldn’t mess with it just keep an eye on it. Try and get those nitrates up.

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea this tank is not a year and a half old. It's obvious. Take that nemmie back, it's going to die in there.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • None.

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back