Anemone Tank lit by Noopsyche

  • Thread starter Thread starter Manose
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
2,165
Reaction score
4,452
Location
Johnson City, Tn
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just made a neat anemone tank using a 60g deep blue frag tank with 2 Noopsyche K7 lights..
IMG_20190323_100906.jpg
IMG_20190323_100914.jpg
IMG_20190323_100922.jpg
IMG_20190323_100932.jpg
 
The light output is just as good as any of the big names without having their price tag.

Well, I love the start of a RFA tank, they can be very good looking and having babies makes it even better! But just saying the light is just as good really doesn't answer the question. But then I assume you don't have a PAR meter? So that means we all 'hope' it's good enough.

You had to say RFA! The new tank will need a few more. @Ron Reefman has a rainbow I'd kill for.

Thanks Katrina! I do have a few babies from a recent event, but nobody is leaving the tank yet!

20190118_115141 R1.jpg


20190110_095104 R1.jpg
 
Well, I love the start of a RFA tank, they can be very good looking and having babies makes it even better! But just saying the light is just as good really doesn't answer the question. But then I assume you don't have a PAR meter? So that means we all 'hope' it's good enough.



Thanks Katrina! I do have a few babies from a recent event, but nobody is leaving the tank yet!

20190118_115141 R1.jpg


20190110_095104 R1.jpg
That is one beautiful tank @Ron Reefman !! I do have a par meter as that is what I used in my study on these lights. I am still working on intensity over this tank as it was to high in spots.
 
Well, I love the start of a RFA tank, they can be very good looking and having babies makes it even better! But just saying the light is just as good really doesn't answer the question. But then I assume you don't have a PAR meter? So that means we all 'hope' it's good enough.



Thanks Katrina! I do have a few babies from a recent event, but nobody is leaving the tank yet!

20190118_115141 R1.jpg


20190110_095104 R1.jpg


Yes, there has been extensive measurements taken by @Manose of this light and many others.

The par numbers are very good.

He has a thread about it.
 
The light output is just as good as any of the big names without having their price tag.

Could you elaborate on this? On how you are making that comparison. What "big name" fixture are you comparing it too? And is light output defined by PAR?
 
That is one beautiful tank @Ron Reefman !! I do have a par meter as that is what I used in my study on these lights. I am still working on intensity over this tank as it was to high in spots.

Thanks, it's the tank I've always wanted.

Good to hear that you had PAR reading that were too high, which is better than than not high enough. You can turn down the intensity, but once you reach 100% power you can't turn it up to get any more PAR.

Good luck with the RFA tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new