Anemones

  • Thread starter Thread starter gmperrine
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gmperrine

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2019
Messages
9
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had bad times with all three of my anemones. They all died within a week. They were purchased at different shops. My perimeters seem o. I don’t post or join because I dumb. I’m 73 and have a 110 and 38 thx for your help
 
Don’t sell yourself short there’s always answers how old is your tank; ok parameters what’re they ?
 
Hello.
First off your not dumb for not joining or posting, your like many others. But I’m glad you did, maybe we can help you

for me I have a few and they all seem to be doing ok, and seem easier to care for then other corals like sps and some lps.

might be lighting, or water parameters.

I run 4x AI Prime fixtures for lights. (Waiting on a seneye for PAR test)

my parameters:
ALK 10.3
CAL 490
MAG 1350
Phosphate .14
PH 8.2
Nitrate 2ppm
Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0
Specific Gravity 1.026
Temp 79 degrees

if I was you I would check water parameters first.
Do you have other corals in your tank? If so how are they doing?
93793DAC-3C01-4E4B-9DC9-BD698DF4A019.jpeg
2F901944-2A8B-466A-9E88-8BE5C80A45F3.jpeg
05F786F1-C0AE-4078-8A8C-27745965A4D7.jpeg
456A415F-A233-4799-B40E-109E0A6DD52C.jpeg
463DB7FB-75AB-4376-B289-EC10D814B089.jpeg
 
Last edited:
What kind of anemones?
How long has your tank been setup?
What kind of lighting?
Your exact parameters? Salinity, ph, ammonia, nitrate, phosphate?
 
Your not dumb, I believe everyone has had anemone die on them, I know I have. It might have to do with your light? Or maybe your tank is to new?
 
Hello.
First off your not dumb for not joining or posting, your like many others. But I’m glad you did, maybe we can help you

for me I have a few and they all seem to be doing ok, and seem easier to care for then other corals like sps and some lps.

might be lighting, or water parameters.

I run 4x AI Prime fixtures for lights. (Waiting on a seneye for PAR test)

my parameters:
ALK 10.3
CAL 490
MAG 1350
Phosphate .14
PH 8.2
Nitrate 2ppm
Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0
Specific Gravity 1.026
Temp 79 degrees

if I was you I would check water parameters first.
Do you have other corals in your tank? If so how are they doing?
 
[/QUOThxs a lot I don’t know if this is how I reply. The per are different. I have no corals in this tank just sand and rock. Two. AquaAll 24 on 4 foot tank
 
How long has your tank been up?
I’m in familiar with the lights you mentioned. But maybe someone else here has heard of them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new