Anenome's first meal!

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to Fragavaganza in Ann Arbor, MI yesterday. I got an Anenome from one vendor and some CUC including Flame Scallops, cleaner shrimp, star fish and a Sea Cucumber from another vendor. Also picked up an order from one of the vendors who delivered for Steve Tyree some cryptic sponges, etc.

I'm not much for careful acclimation, quarantine or isolation when introducing new inhabitants. I float for maybe 5 minutes then mix water for maybe a minute and dump into tank. After I got done dumping 20 containers into my display and sump I noticed the Anenome and the Sea Cucumber were awful close so I tried to grab the Sea Cucumber but alas I was too late, the Anenome had it in their mouth! 20220327_183100.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I went to Fragavaganza in Ann Arbor, MI yesterday. I got an Anenome from one vendor and some CUC including Flame Scallops, cleaner shrimp, star fish and a Sea Cucumber from another vendor. Also picked up an order from one of the vendors who delivered for Steve Tyree some cryptic sponges, etc.

I'm not much for careful acclimation, quarantine or isolation when introducing new inhabitants. I float for maybe 5 minutes then mix water for maybe a minute and dump into tank. After I got done dumping 20 containers into my display and sump I noticed the Anenome and the Sea Cucumber were awful close so I tried to grab the Sea Cucumber but alas I was too late, the Anenome had it in their mouth! 20220327_183100.jpg
Yikes- those sticky tentacles grab anything

laezur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Ritteri in my tank, I was adding some more snails in to my tank recently and accidentally dropped one and of course it floated RIGHT into the anemone… I had to reach my hands in there and try to grab it out of the anemone which is very large, very sticky and would not let go. On top of that I was disturbing my clowns home and they were nipping the hell out of me.

I have no idea if the anemone would have been able to eat the snail but I felt the shell would not have been good for it, so had to get it. Unfortunately the snail died from the stings anyway. Lesson learned, PLACE THEM don’t drop them hahaha

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first experience with nems - I acclimated and dripped, ready to put it in the tank. No idea how, didn't want to touch it cause open wounds on hands. So I dropped it in there assuming it would sink to the bottom. Well, it floated around in the current for about 2 minutes while I called for the wife to come help (Turn off pumps!! No it's that cord!!), I was pushing it with a turkey baster to keep it from being sucked into the gyre. LOL. lesson learned, turn off the pumps before dropping in the nem. It was like a tennis game, float to one side and bat it away from gyre, goes to other side & repeat...

Condy is happy and thriving. Forgives me for incorrectly introducing him.

OP
OP
Matt Carden

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

The original and the cloan both disintegrated and eventually the bases released eaten by tank inhabitants.
My clown "swimmy " still swims around where they were a month later.

Back