Angel fish together

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good morning all
I have a 55 gallon tank ( with 20 gallon sump)
I have a flame angel and would like either a coral beauty or a Pygmy angel
Pros and Cons?
Thanks

Last edited:

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good morning all
I have a 55 gallon tank ( with 20 gallon sump)
I have a flame angel and would like either a coral beauty or a Pygmy angel
Pros and Cons?
Thanks
Two isn't likely to end well for you. I would do 3 or one. 3 still might not work out, but your odds are better. On the other hand, 55 isn't very big so if you did 3 centropyge angels you'd pretty much have that tank stocked. I've kept trios of potters angels in the past relatively easily. I tried a trio of flame on two different occasions and it was a lot harder. Attempt one seemed to work well until one died, the remaining two were going to kill each other. The second attempt failed hard one singled another out from the start and I had to separate all three. I did this in quarantine, because it's easier.

Another problem is that some fish that get along in a cramped qt will fight harder in a larger DT -- easier to defend a patch of rock and single a fish out. I've mixed coral beauty and flame before without too much trouble but always with a third fish, one was a fireball and it did fine.

You never know with centropyge but the only real chance you have is adding them at the same time...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Twoisn't likely to end well for you. I would do 3 or one. 3 still might not work out, but your odds are better. On the other hand, 55 isn't very big so if you did 3 centropyge angels you'd pretty much have that tank stocked. I've kept trios of potters angels in the past relatively easily. I tried a trio of flame on two different occasions and it was a lot harder. Attempt one seemed to work well until one died, the remaining two were going to kill each other. The second attempt failed hard one singled another out from the start and I had to separate all three. I did this in quarantine, because it's easier.

Another problem is that some fish that get along in a cramped qt will fight harder in a larger DT -- easier to defend a patch of rock and single a fish out. I've mixed coral beauty and flame before without too much trouble but always with a third fish, one was a fireball and it did fine.

You never know with centropyge but the only real chance you have is adding them at the same time...

Thanks that what I thought Thanks

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend against 3 Centropyge in a 45g tank. Each one needs about 50g of space.

Back