Fish Tournament: Dwarf Angels. Round 1, Vote 1

Bluespotted Angelfish or Flame Angelfish?

• Bluespotted Angelfish

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Flame Angelfish

Votes: 48 84.2%

• Total voters

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef2Reef, and welcome to the very first vote of the Fish Tournament! This idea was derived from the LPS tournament that @Reefkeepers Archive ran a few months ago. The plan is to eventually have a tournament for all of the main types of fish, starting with Dwarf Angels. 32 different dwarf angels were selected and then randomly matched up against each other. To be considered a “Dwarf Angel” the adult size of the species had to be 6 inches or less. All information was collected from Quality Marine. The poll will be open for 24 hours and then close. So without further ado, let’s get to the vote! Our first matchup is the Bluespotted Angel VS. the Flame Angel.

Bluespotted Angelfish (Chaetodontoplus caeruleopunctatus)
IMG_1666.jpeg

Flame Angelfish (Centropyge loriculus)
IMG_1667.jpeg

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef2Reef, and welcome to the very first vote of the Fish Tournament! This idea was derived from the LPS tournament that @Reefkeepers Archive ran a few months ago. The plan is to eventually have a tournament for all of the main types of fish, starting with Dwarf Angels. 32 different dwarf angels were selected and then randomly matched up against each other. To be considered a “Dwarf Angel” the adult size of the species had to be 6 inches or less. All information was collected from Quality Marine. The poll will be open for 24 hours and then close. So without further ado, let’s get to the vote! Our first matchup is the Bluespotted Angel VS. the Flame Angel.

IMG_1666.jpeg

IMG_1667.jpeg
You stole my idea!

Anyway about time someone do this, I guess it's what I guess for procrastinating this too long lol.

I have a offer, I was originally planning to do a "Whats the best wrasse" vote, how about I hold that one and then throw the winner into these polls?

Anyway good luck with this! You have alot ahead of you! Quite an ambitious project!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_1666.jpeg

IMG_1667.jpeg
Considering the blue spot gets to 7” I wouldn’t say that’s a dwarf. Dwarf angels for me would be anything 4 inches or under, then mediums are 5-11 inches and 1’+ are all large angels.

But, I’m glad the blue spotted got a mention so I vote that guy! Flames are a bit overrated.

OP
OP
danenelsen

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You stole my idea!

Anyway about time someone do this, I guess it's what I guess for procrastinating this too long lol.

I have a offer, I was originally planning to do a "Whats the best wrasse" vote, how about I hold that one and then throw the winner into these polls?

Anyway good luck with this! You have alot ahead of you! Quite an ambitious project!
I’m so sorry! Lol!

It was your idea originally, so of course you should do the Wrasse polls! We could even split all of the major fish groups, so I do angels, you do wrasse, etc.

Once again, sorry for copying you!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Blue spot like a majestic or poma are full sized angels

OP
OP
danenelsen

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering the blue spot gets to 7” I wouldn’t say that’s a dwarf. Dwarf angels for me would be anything 4 inches or under, then mediums are 5-11 inches and 1’+ are all large angels.

But, I’m glad the blue spotted got a mention so I vote that guy! Flames are a bit overrated.
That is a good point! According to Quality Marine, where I got most of the information, their max size is 6” which would put them just under my maximum size…

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so sorry! Lol!

It was your idea originally, so of course you should do the Wrasse polls! We could even split all of the major fish groups, so I do angels, you do wrasse, etc.

Once again, sorry for copying you!
No worries lol, was about time this was done. I just want the wrasses :)

OP
OP
danenelsen

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries lol, was about time this was done. I just want the wrasses :)
Okay, well whenever you decide to start it I’ll definitely be playing along and will include the winner with the results of these brackets! If you decide you want to do a different group also, feel free too!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dwarf angels are any fish in the genus Centropyge or Paracentropyge; even if another species' max size is under 6", it's technically not a dwarf. I really love this game idea though! I'm interested to see what the next rounds will have in store.

OP
OP
danenelsen

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dwarf angels are any fish in the genus Centropyge or Paracentropyge; even if another species' max size is under 6", it's technically not a dwarf. I really love this game idea though! I'm interested to see what the next rounds will have in store.
Thank you for the clarification! Do you think it is worth switching or just keeping it as it is?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And more to this fantastic point, (well done Sir!)

Is this a beauty contest, or are we supposed to consider the behavior and poise of the contestants when they are in either a fish tank, or a reef tank?

None of those two terrorists are going into my tank (again). Flame is a pretty fish but the personality and destructive behaviours are not very becoming in a beauty contest.

SO please, tighten up the rules, and categories and I won't have to make an appointment with my therapist to help sort out what this poll is trying to determine.

The Flames are stunning, and the other one is too and I don't recall seeing one at any lfs before. That leads me to start thinking that they are both

donkey policeman GIF
water wtf GIF

Otherwise, maybe a restart of the project with clearer instructions so people dont go off in the wrong direction.

:face-with-hand-over-mouth: :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Centropyge as the ‘Dwarf Angels’ will always confuse me;

Centropyge bicolour is a 7” fish, Centropyge interruptus is 7”, Centropyge tibicen is an 8” fish, how these guys ever managed to keep the Centropyge genus known as the dwarf angels I dont know.
‘Dwarf’ is something smaller than its relatives, most Genicanthus have the same max size as some of the Dwarfs, regals also seem to get around the same size and so do most Chaetodontoplus.
So, why dont we call ‘Dwarf’ Angels the angels that max out at 3-5” and anything 6”-11” is medium, then anything over a foot is a large angel.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back