Angel fish with a mark

PMReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my fench Angel has this mark anyone knows what can it be? he is kind of down on attitude. Water parameter good only calcium high.

FB7BC855-3BD3-4E5C-A54F-858053C41B2F.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my fench Angel has this mark anyone knows what can it be? he is kind of down on attitude. Water parameter good only calcium high.

FB7BC855-3BD3-4E5C-A54F-858053C41B2F.jpeg
How long have you had it?
What other fish are in with it?
Jay

OP
OP
PMReef

PMReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had it?
What other fish are in with it?
Jay
hello Jay,

its new like 1 week, the other fish I have are:

1 bristletooth
1 yellow tang
1 blue hippo
1 sohal tang
1 cleaner wrasse
1 cori wrasse
3 green chromis
2 clown fish
1 moorish idol
1 foxface

could be the beginning of ich buy no signs of white spots yet

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello Jay,

its new like 1 week, the other fish I have are:

1 bristletooth
1 yellow tang
1 blue hippo
1 sohal tang
1 cleaner wrasse
1 cori wrasse
3 green chromis
2 clown fish
1 moorish idol
1 foxface

could be the beginning of ich buy no signs of white spots yet

Did it go through any sort of quarantine process?
Can you describe what you mean by a "down attitude"?

With a fish that new, if it hasn't been treated, it could be a number of things. The three most common would be: flukes, bacterial infection or Uronema protozoans.

Jay

OP
OP
PMReef

PMReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

With a fish that new, if it hasn't been treated, it could be a number of things. The three most common would be: flukes, bacterial infection or Uronema protozoans.

Jay
Sorry I wasn’t clear before it has been 1 week on the dis

Jay
Hello Jay,

thankyou for the response, on the store I buy fish they recomend to quarantine the fish only to see if any disease evolves mostly ich is what they tell me so I don’t pass ich to display tank. But I have not been told to treat a fish once bought at a store like copper treatment or something normally it when they have a diseaso not to treat preemptively. Donyou think it can be a disease or just a rock bruce.

By down I mean he was eating well and then he stop eating well his attitude lowered like not happy. My opinion is that he is still not welcomed by the other fish specially the yellow tang and moorish idol sometimes they give him a hard time. But it can be the beginning of a disease I don’t know yet, will ser how the fish attitude evolves and if he gets any markings such as ich or what you mentioned. thankyou

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I wasn’t clear before it has been 1 week on the dis

Hello Jay,

thankyou for the response, on the store I buy fish they recomend to quarantine the fish only to see if any disease evolves mostly ich is what they tell me so I don’t pass ich to display tank. But I have not been told to treat a fish once bought at a store like copper treatment or something normally it when they have a diseaso not to treat preemptively. Donyou think it can be a disease or just a rock bruce.

By down I mean he was eating well and then he stop eating well his attitude lowered like not happy. My opinion is that he is still not welcomed by the other fish specially the yellow tang and moorish idol sometimes they give him a hard time. But it can be the beginning of a disease I don’t know yet, will ser how the fish attitude evolves and if he gets any markings such as ich or what you mentioned. thankyou

If the angel was eating well in your tank, and now is not, I don't think that is a direct result of the other fish bothering it (since they were all together before).

I'm worried that this is a protozoan infection, and now it is in your display tank. Do you have a treatment tank available?

Jay

OP
OP
PMReef

PMReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the angel was eating well in your tank, and now is not, I don't think that is a direct result of the other fish bothering it (since they were all together before).

I'm worried that this is a protozoan infection, and now it is in your display tank. Do you have a treatment tank available?

Jay
Hello yes Jay, I think its a
bacterial infection, I have quarantine the fish and I am medicating kanaplex hopefully this erradicates its infection.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back