angel - help

Jcearl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there I have a multiple tanks. at home a 7''+ emperor angel full adult colors and at my office I have a Koran angel 3'' changing. my Emperor at home as started a habit of nipping at my LPS softies, and even my RBA's. now my question is can I put my emperor in my tank at my office with my Koran angel or will my emperor kill the koran? the tank and current stocking: 75 gallon with 1 WP-40 (3200pgh), DC-6000 return pump (1500gph), Reef Octopus Diablo DCS 250 In-Sump Protein Skimmer rated up to (500 gallon systems), and 150lbs of live rock. the stocking is 3'' Koran, 4'' humu trigger, 3'' yellow tang, (2) 2.5'' sabea clowns, (4) 1.5" green chromis. the tank it HEAVLY fed daily to keep aggression down (hence the super sized skimmer to deal with the extra waste and foods) . the fish do not fight at all. I do a 25 gallon water change every two weeks.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are from the same genus, I would not put them in together. If they were of different genus you'd be ok doing it.

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too small already for the Koran.

I wouldn't even mix those 2 in a 300 gallon tank.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with all of the above. You put a 7" Emperor in a 75 gal with a 3" Koran; odds are the Koran won't last long.

OP
OP
Jcearl

Jcearl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
k thanks everyone for the response and i know that putting them in there would not be an ideal situation i just didn't know if there was a way it could happen. i guess i will be selling my emperor shortly.

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
k thanks everyone for the response and i know that putting them in there would not be an ideal situation i just didn't know if there was a way it could happen. i guess i will be selling my emperor shortly.

I agree with the above. Sell your LPS and go full sps. Just kidding, I'm just As into my fish as I am my corals, so I don't mind the fact that I can't have certain corals.

I have an adult emperor and he ate a chalice within minutes of it being in the tank. He will also mow down gsp. He doesn't eat it, just bites it off and spits it out. Weird. He also nipped at my carpet nem and had to give it away. I didn't have clowns back then so I'm considering trying another nem to see if clowns would protect it.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 42 22.8%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 106 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back