Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This gator head just finished decomposing:
E5EA2AA0-87A9-4CCC-9016-665AC317AB7C.jpeg
I’m not gonna put it in the tank I’m just curious, has anyone ever put an actual animal skull in a reef tank?
It’s mostly calcium but there’s also things like collagen and inorganic salts in the bone, I’m not sure how the things other than calcium would affect a reef but it’d be lit to have legit bones grown over in coral. Anyone ever tried it?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully it didn't come in contact with any chemicals/pesticides etc...I'd probably give it a bleach soak to clean up any organics and detritus too.

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully it didn't come in contact with any chemicals/pesticides etc...I'd probably give it a bleach soak to clean up any organics and detritus too.
Definitely no pesticides there was tons of decomposers when I dug it up during decomposition :D it was crazy the variation in bug life that was living within the decaying tissues

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it could be done safely that’d be an insane thing for some good encrusters to cover….

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it could be done safely that’d be an insane thing for some good encrusters to cover….
Especially if it was all separated from the mandible and settled over some rock, some large branching and encrusting corals on the top, shrooms and palys growing around the teeth

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 9.7%
Back