Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That will be the 130 custom;)
For me it will be something more than 500G shallow and possibly squarish in dimension with peninsula style. My wife after looking at all the mess I created since last few years already granted me with a fish room.;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it will be something more than 500G shallow and possibly squarish in dimension with peninsula style. My wife after looking at all the mess I created since last few years already granted me with a fish room.;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

You are a luck man. I had the same aspiration and they were overruled. The 130 custom will be a compromise

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You are a luck man. I had the same aspiration and they were overruled. The 130 custom will be a compromise
LOl...not really. First I need to find the right house for it to start.....o_Oo_Oo_O

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOl...not really. First I need to find the right house for it to start.....o_Oo_Oo_O

I asked and I wanted to have a 96 x 24 x 24 between the master and the main room and that was a no. That would have been sweet.

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I asked and I wanted to have a 96 x 24 x 24 between the master and the main room and that was a no. That would have been sweet.
Mine will be 96x60x26 or 84x60x26...with a Bashsea custom sump, reactor and Lifereef skimmer. The stand possibly from Framingtech and aquarium will be acrylic either from advance acrylic or Bashsea.

UNCFAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats up? I am there and actually we are there. Somehow I stopped getting notice of my own thread. The brown thing comes with imbalaced nutrients not from components. I will need to know what goes in the tank and how you export nutrients.
Good Morning - I will try and answer your question because I would really like to use AF products but the brown junk bothers me. What goes in my tank: I feed rather lightly every other day for my fish and I don't dose anything for corals other than trying components 1-2-3. I export nutrients via a skimmer. Not sure if I gave you want you need but any help would be appreciated.

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good Morning - I will try and answer your question because I would really like to use AF products but the brown junk bothers me. What goes in my tank: I feed rather lightly every other day for my fish and I don't dose anything for corals other than trying components 1-2-3. I export nutrients via a skimmer. Not sure if I gave you want you need but any help would be appreciated.
Hey, nice to see you back. What kind of brown junk you are talking about. Is it some kind of algae? Can you post a picture of your tank and all major parameters including nutrients.

UNCFAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, nice to see you back. What kind of brown junk you are talking about. Is it some kind of algae? Can you post a picture of your tank and all major parameters including nutrients.
The best I can describe is a brown slim that went all the way around my tank all four sides at the top of the tank under the lip of the tank. I stopped using components 1-2-3 and the brown slim went a way. I am back to BRS 2 part dosing. ALK = 9.0, CALCIUM = 490, MAG = 1350. I feed the fish Hatchery Diet pellets a small amount every other day and mysis shrimp once a week. I've fed this product and routine for years.

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The best I can describe is a brown slim that went all the way around my tank all four sides at the top of the tank under the lip of the tank. I stopped using components 1-2-3 and the brown slim went a way. I am back to BRS 2 part dosing. ALK = 9.0, CALCIUM = 490, MAG = 1350. I feed the fish Hatchery Diet pellets a small amount every other day and mysis shrimp once a week. I've fed this product and routine for years.
Do you dose any kind of bacterial products? Also whats the range of your NO3 and PO4 in the system?

UNCFAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you dose any kind of bacterial products? Also whats the range of your NO3 and PO4 in the system?
I do not use any bacterial product - I did try the AF products Build, Amino Acid, Vitality and Energy dosing as recommended. My tank is a 125 gallon mixed reef - mostly LPS, few SPS and some softies. My NO3 measures O using Salifert tests and PO4 measures .02ppm using Hanna checker. When I used components 1-2-3 I started with 1/2 the recommend 50ml/27 gallon.

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do not use any bacterial product - I did try the AF products Build, Amino Acid, Vitality and Energy dosing as recommended. My tank is a 125 gallon mixed reef - mostly LPS, few SPS and some softies. My NO3 measures O using Salifert tests and PO4 measures .02ppm using Hanna checker. When I used components 1-2-3 I started with 1/2 the recommend 50ml/27 gallon.
Ok, first thing you can dose the 123 the brown slime is not due to it. Its because of the low imbalanced nutrient with amino and vitamin dosing. You need to balance the nutrient first and then you can dose the amino or vitamin. But you can dose 123 without dosing the other stuffs.

UNCFAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, first thing you can dose the 123 the brown slime is not due to it. Its because of the low imbalanced nutrient with amino and vitamin dosing. You need to balance the nutrient first and then you can dose the amino or vitamin. But you can dose 123 without dosing the other stuffs.
Excellent - should I start out not dosing the full amount of 1-2-3 or just dose the 50ml/27gallon from the start. Thanks again you've been very helpful and your good looking tanks shows that.

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Excellent - should I start out not dosing the full amount of 1-2-3 or just dose the 50ml/27gallon from the start. Thanks again you've been very helpful and your good looking tanks shows that.
Yeah, you can dose 123 but start slow with with half the recommended dose and slowly increase after every 24 hours cycle after testing your Alk each day.

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update time:

Everything is doing good. Colours are great too. I still think there is a scope of improvement. Recently I was in Bubbas and FarmerTy thread. While we were discussing over the effect of lower wavelength blue light specially UV and coral colours and growth we discussed about the new Orphek light bars and I was certainly interested in trying them out. I contacted Orphek and James their representative was prompt enough to answer all my queries. But in the process while I was discussing all these I figure out the light will be very blue compared to my taste. So I asked for few modifications in diode. After long list of emails over a day we decided to go with this array of diodes in two 24" bars
"380 410 380 430 410 380 410 430 380 410 380 430 410 380 410 430 380 410".
I will update about these lights once I receive them but I tried to cover majority of lower blue and UV spectrum within the diode option.

Ok talking part is done, now picture time.....

RMF acid trip milli

20180715_161028.jpg

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Corals are looking great! How long have you had the bubblebath? Is the unknown different than an acid trip? Colors in the pic look similar.
Bubblebath precisely a year. It slept for first few months and then started growing at a good pace and now recently shooting out branches.
The unknown came in one of fraghouse order and look very close to the rainbow milli or the acid trip but I still call it unknown....:p

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back