And to finish....a top down of few together

20180715_162248.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The corals are looking great!!, so what are you doing?

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The corals are looking great!!, so what are you doing?
Lol...Aquaforest all the way. But I add extra Potassium and lugols iodine. I feed my home made recipe everyday the whole tank. If I remember then extra AF pure food once a week. My home made recipe has AF foods and reef roids.

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You are definitely doing something right! I got the psychoberry about a month ago. I can't wait for it to get to the size of yours.
Thanks man, I don't keep it simple lol...but not too hard as well. The main thing is my dosing which is easily taken care by AF dosing schedule. I am lazy so premixed the coral food in my fish food. :D

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You are definitely doing something right! I got the psychoberry about a month ago. I can't wait for it to get to the size of yours.
By the way Bubba...I have an angel too...lol. Get one man..:D

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way Bubba...I have an angel too...lol. Get one man..:D
lol, no way! I tried twice but couldn't deal with the sad looking sps. I saved a pic of my poor green slimer from when the angel was eating it to remind me to never get one again, lol.

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
lol, no way! I tried twice but couldn't deal with the sad looking sps. I saved a pic of my poor green slimer from when the angel was eating it to remind me to never get one again, lol.
Mine started picking my SPS a bit and was trying to be a bully. But my Hippo immediately showed him he will not allow any bully in the tank. Then I started feeding him multiple time and now he stays away from them. He even munched one of acan...:confused::confused::eek::eek:

_DSC4303.JPG

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol...Aquaforest all the way. But I add extra Potassium and lugols iodine. I feed my home made recipe everyday the whole tank. If I remember then extra AF pure food once a week. My home made recipe has AF foods and reef roids.

Since starting the auto water change with the reef salt, I have not dosed 3+ because Mg seem to alway be high. If this continues I am going to mix 3+ without Mg so that I get the potassium and the minerals still.

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since starting the auto water change with the reef salt, I have not dosed 3+ because Mg seem to alway be high. If this continues I am going to mix 3+ without Mg so that I get the potassium and the minerals still.
My Mg is always high when using the Reef Salt. I have mixed my Component 3 without the Mg for a couple of months now and my Mg is slowly dropping.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Mg is always high when using the Reef Salt. I have mixed my Component 3 without the Mg for a couple of months now and my Mg is slowly dropping.

Thank you, and good to see you have the same thought.

How are your colors?

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I was standing and looking at my tank and realise my tank is growing at a good pace. So, a comparative FTS from the past and today.

February..

Picture2.jpg

Today...

20180722_121431.jpg
WOAH! that is some crazy growth from February to now!! Pretty impressive I must say.

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WOAH! that is some crazy growth from February to now!! Pretty impressive I must say.
Thanks Bubba, I was wondering how much they grew and then I found the FTS from February.
By the way I forgot to ask about the copperband. How is that guy doing?

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He didn't eat the masstik, live clams, PE mysis or pellets for 2 - 3 weeks. I was getting pretty worried but I would see him pecking at the rocks so I knew he was eating something. One day out of the blue he just started eating the frozen food I was giving the rest of the fish. I now see him waiting at the side of the tank with the other fish waiting to be fed. I think I am in the clear now with having any issues.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I was standing and looking at my tank and realise my tank is growing at a good pace. So, a comparative FTS from the past and today.

February..

Picture2.jpg

Today...

20180722_121431.jpg

Smashing growth!!:)

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He didn't eat the masstik, live clams, PE mysis or pellets for 2 - 3 weeks. I was getting pretty worried but I would see him pecking at the rocks so I knew he was eating something. One day out of the blue he just started eating the frozen food I was giving the rest of the fish. I now see him waiting at the side of the tank with the other fish waiting to be fed. I think I am in the clear now with having any issues.
Mine still refuse to eat pellet. Actually when I throw some pellets in the tank he rushes to the site and then look confuse about what to eat???;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
But it eats everything frozen so I am hopeful it will learn.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 195 71.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back