Announcing: Nano aquarium fish compatibility document!

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No anemones? I assume you are listing animals that won’t outgrow a nano?

I’d recommend a note at the top of the page that inexperienced anemone keepers should wait 9-12 months before adding an anemone to a nano

Rock flower anemones :Epicystis crucifer
Mini-maxi carpet anemone: Stichodactyla tapetum

Bta’s- Entacmaea quadricolor, perhaps with a note that they will multiply to a point where some will need Rehoming.

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No anemones? I assume you are listing animals that won’t outgrow a nano?

Rock flower anemones :Epicystis crucifer
Mini-maxi carpet anemone: Stichodactyla tapetum
Yes that was the plan. I’ll add all these new recommendations when I get home, thanks everyone!

lulubap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
definitely love this list, but as far as the pseudochromis species go, you labeled the neon dottyback as aggressive and the orchid as non aggressive. im assuming these are the wild species; did you get the aggression levels from two separate sources? or maybe i’m not in the loop about wild orchid dottyback aggression lol. dottybacks are beginning to be captive bred and much calmer. sea&reef breeds hybrids and non hybrids such as the striped, springeri, elongate, etc. it’s a lot of species and nuance so i understand keeping the list short for the sake of brevity, but it’s some food for thought when labeling fish aggression.

also, you’re missing my favorite ruby red dragonet :) i’m not sure how common they are the in the hobby, and you don’t have a dragonet section, but they are closer to scooter blennies if not a dragonet

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
definitely love this list, but as far as the pseudochromis species go, you labeled the neon dottyback as aggressive and the orchid as non aggressive. im assuming these are the wild species; did you get the aggression levels from two separate sources? or maybe i’m not in the loop about wild orchid dottyback aggression lol. dottybacks are beginning to be captive bred and much calmer. sea&reef breeds hybrids and non hybrids such as the striped, springeri, elongate, etc. it’s a lot of species and nuance so i understand keeping the list short for the sake of brevity, but it’s some food for thought when labeling fish aggression.

also, you’re missing my favorite ruby red dragonet :) i’m not sure how common they are the in the hobby, and you don’t have a dragonet section, but they are closer to scooter blennies if not a dragonet
Haha i had litteraly just added it and i am now working on a seperate dragonet cattegory

lulubap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also just to help you with the dwarf seahorses; they actually have more of a maximum tank size of 15 gallons i believe ! they’re best left to the experts since they require constant feedings of live baby brine

lulubap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also just to help you with the dwarf seahorses; they actually have more of a maximum tank size of 15 gallons i believe ! they’re best left to the experts since they require constant feedings of live baby brine
meaning their minimum could be 5 gallons :)

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah ok yeah i heard some people just cant keep them alive

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I started the dragonet section but the only ones i could actually find any information on i have added any other i am missing?

lulubap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started the dragonet section but the only ones i could actually find any information on i have added any other i am missing?
you could also add synchiropus stellatus, basically just a red scooter blenny

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back