Annoying things ppl say about your tank

JeepTj

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
worst one so far just got today from another tenant .. hey I got a pile of marbles that would look perfect in that tank.... :mad:

Will Gorgan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemones ARE NOT CORALS!!! It drives me bonkers when my family over my house calls the anemone a coral, or my clownfish a Nemo!!!!

carmodpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Oh, I thought corals were PLANTS”

Or

“Those are alive??? I thought those were FAKE corals”

Can’t tell you how many times I have to tell people everything in my tank is alive. I just the same line every time... “even the rock is alive.” Never fails, 2 seconds later someone will point to a Leather coral and asked if it’s “actually alive..”

jccaclimber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS customers keep suggesting they move the floating neon plastic jelly fish from the little fish holding tanks to the big frag/coral system because they would look better there.
Different customers complain that they miss them when they get taken out.

An LFS in a previous state moved the same fake jellyfish from the reef where they kept getting in the way of bagging frags/mini colonies to the planted freshwater display. In no way did doing so decrease the amount of "Are those real?". My favorite answer: "Yes, they are, and you have no idea how hard it is to tie that fishing line to them without hurting them."

raylinds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still in the process of preparing to set up my tank, but I have the equipment sitting in my living room. My 110 gallon tank is on the floor and the 37 gallon sump is sitting on the stand. I get a lot of confused expressions as the look at the tank, then the sump and back to the tank- 'So you are setting up two tanks?'

I did get one person saying I need to get a Dory fish. Me: "Sorry, I would love that but a 110 gallon tank isn't big enough for a Hippo Tang." Mostly, though, they are anxious for me to get the tank set up (as am I), which is cool. I explain that it'll be a while before it actually gets to the point of looking like a reef.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back