Annoying things ppl say about your tank

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running a 55g w no sump. Just canister filter. Upgrading to 110g w sump. Empty for now. Mom sees the sump. Stares at me in bewilderment: don’t you have enough tanks? Why do you need one in a cabinet under another one?!? Bahahahah

I get the same comments about my QT tanks... “How many tanks do you need?” [emoji13]

OP
OP
Mariette

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Looking at a tank full of beautiful, labor intensive, and expensive fish and corals*

“Oh wow... look! Look at that crab!”

*most excited about the $2 hermit crab*

That’s awesome. Personally, I love my hermits so I get the fascination but yeah, that’s hilarious

OP
OP
Mariette

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get the same comments about my QT tanks... “How many tanks do you need?” [emoji13]

Yup. I get that too. My mother also asked why I don’t just put everyone (including my small freshwater tnk) into the new big one and just get rid of all the rest

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Looking at a tank full of beautiful, labor intensive, and expensive fish and corals*

My daughter's 13th birthday is today and she has some friends spending the night, I've lost track of how many times I've heard them say "I found Dory"

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My daughter's 13th birthday is today and she has some friends spending the night, I've lost track of how many times I've heard them say "I found Dory"

She’s a star, she deserves the attention [emoji2956]

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

lol, my sister did that. all of these cool corals and she points out my ugly brown hitchhiker zoas and is like, "i like those" :mad::eek:o_O

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Oh I’ve got that beat, at least the hermit crab is something you put in there on purpose... somewhere along the way I picked up some strain of bubble algae that grows almost golf ball sized but doesn’t take over the tank, just a few bubbles here and there. I’ve got thousands of dollars worth of fish and thousands of dollars worth of corals, and almost everyone who looks at the tank comments on the bubble algae. Even fellow reefers, they are so amazed and tell me I have the biggest bubble algae they’ve ever seen lol.

Lissa1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running a 55g w no sump. Just canister filter. Upgrading to 110g w sump. Empty for now. Mom sees the sump. Stares at me in bewilderment: don’t you have enough tanks? Why do you need one in a cabinet under another one?!? Bahahahah
Yeah, except it is my Fiancé....I only have one 90 gallon in the actual house....He asks about the ones I have in my workshop (native Tampa bay wild caught tank and soon to be seahorse but have previously been quarantine and hospital tanks) How much electricity do you think that uses...Well less then our old inefficient A/C units.... Replace them and well talk about my tanks...

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back