Annoying things ppl say about your tank

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“You just put salt in it”. Bahahahaha I’m dying

lol! I'm mostly sarcastic so I say Ya, ya just add some salt. Easy.... We both know they are thinking of salt in the kitchen.

OP
OP
Mariette

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cousin brought his bimbo ex over to look at my very first 25gal tank and she looked at it quite bewildered for a while before asking..

“Is it 3D?”

I had no idea what to say or to even make of it lol

That’s gotta be the ... least intelligent question of all time

BigRedReefer MT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.) Are those really living corals? They don't move around much.;Facepalm
2.) What do you mean your already overstocked? I can see through both panes of glass for 3 seconds and not have a fish swim through it.:rolleyes:
3.) Oh you don't like that, what did you call it,, hair algae? I think the way it sways makes the tank look pretty.:confused::mad:;Meh

Newstead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny & sad category - my mother-in-law lived with us the last 9 months of her life after her husband died. She had severe Alzheimer's and loved to stare at the "birds" (pair of clowns) in the biocube tank. One day she asked if she could help give them a bath and hold and pet them after they were clean.

I put a contact alarm on the hood after that just in case she tried to take them out for a bath.

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.) Are those really living corals? They don't move around much.;Facepalm
2.) What do you mean your already overstocked? I can see through both panes of glass for 3 seconds and not have a fish swim through it.:rolleyes:
3.) Oh you don't like that, what did you call it,, hair algae? I think the way it sways makes the tank look pretty.:confused::mad:;Meh
My husband thought Bubble Algae was cool o_O

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like any other reefer I've had my fair share of questions and comments from non reefers which I take in stride. (Nothing wrong with learning.) But when Mr. Know It All at work interrupted a conversation I was having with a fellow reefer just to say "Ya know, you should soak all those corals in bleach to make them pretty white again".... Well, it was the best laugh I've had at work in a long time!

BigRedReefer MT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like any other reefer I've had my fair share of questions and comments from non reefers which I take in stride. (Nothing wrong with learning.) But when Mr. Know It All at work interrupted a conversation I was having with a fellow reefer just to say "Ya know, you should soak all those corals in bleach to make them pretty white again".... Well, it was the best laugh I've had at work in a long time!
Lol. I can only imagine the look on his face when you both started laughing. Instant karma. Absolutely hilarious.

S_OS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Is that fish DEAD?"
"Where is your fish, i don't see him?"

My parents like to do that all the time and they will never specify which fish it is so my first is to assume my favorite fish of all time, my cubicious boxfish is dead

somethinq else

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get the ..are those real or fake alot...and of course...touch it and see what it does ...is it a fish or a plant? **points at a BSA purple monster electus mushroom...I bet you paid about 50 bux for dat one right 'dare. (I actually paid 7500.00 for 'dat one right 'dare) man you could have bought a new car for that amount. (Maybe a new zero turn mower..jesus dude what kinda car you driving? A flintstone mobile?)

Nathan Milender

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
saw a fb post about this w hilarious comments. I’ve had the following:

- why no nemo?
- u should add fake plants
- how much did THAT cost?
- that’s a cool fish, I’ll get one too. Person has a freshwater tank and was referring to my Cora beauty

Are you sure that is a snail?
Why does algae grow?

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get the ..are those real or fake alot...and of course...touch it and see what it does ...is it a fish or a plant? **points at a BSA purple monster electus mushroom...I bet you paid about 50 bux for dat one right 'dare. (I actually paid 7500.00 for 'dat one right 'dare) man you could have bought a new car for that amount. (Maybe a new zero turn mower..jesus dude what kinda car you driving? A flintstone mobile?)

People pay more for art, yet no one questions the logic behind purchasing a Van Gogh, which is funny especially considering the fact that we not only re-sell those expensive corals, but they MULTIPLY as well.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 101 77.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back