Annoying things ppl say about your tank

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tell someone about cleaner shrimp.

They say "Really? Will they clean me?" and then immediately put their hand in before I can reply. :eek::mad:

Steve Erekson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually enjoy what a lot of non-reefers have to say about my tank. They still have this sense of wonder that sometimes I feel like I have lost. They are fascinated by the smallest things, the crabs, the bubble algae, the aiptasia and there's refreshment with their attitude. We get so drawn into the newest and best and rarest that we spend hundreds on a frag the size of a pinky nail sometimes and forget what got us into the hobby in the first place was those little moments of wonder as we observed the smallest hitchikers, the most common but still beautiful fish, or the swaying movement of star polyps.

OP
OP
Mariette

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually enjoy what a lot of non-reefers have to say about my tank. They still have this sense of wonder that sometimes I feel like I have lost. They are fascinated by the smallest things, the crabs, the bubble algae, the aiptasia and there's refreshment with their attitude. We get so drawn into the newest and best and rarest that we spend hundreds on a frag the size of a pinky nail sometimes and forget what got us into the hobby in the first place was those little moments of wonder as we observed the smallest hitchikers, the most common but still beautiful fish, or the swaying movement of star polyps.

Well said! I agree. I still love the hermit crabs and asternia starfish that blew my mind years ago. And the sand sifting gobies

Bunnyspit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"You should put corals in there, it would look better"...
I have a tank full of fish that eat corals. Theres a reason I have no corals.. dont you think if I could have corals I would have corals already?

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still find myself just staring into my tank for an hour or two. Just watching all the different species do their little jobs around the tank. Or when the fish come up to the glass because that's the guy who feeds them everyday and makes sure they have clean water.

Bunnyspit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or even better "why do you need snails to clean the algae? I thought there were people to come do that for you" my bad we can't all afford to hire someone to clean my tank every week. Want to loan me the money?

Bunnyspit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or whenever I see a kid walk into my LFS and they go "oh look at the nemo" and the parents then proceed to refer to every fish in the story by the name of a fish from Nemo. Or just "that's not a Nemo"

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve only been doing this for a month but I’ve already gotten several comments from the pictures I’ve shown people

Now all you need to do is add in some of those tall plastic plants.

Instead of putting that rock in there you could buy the whole bikini bottom scene from sponge bob

Wait you have a tank but no fish in it... what do mean you have to wait for it to “cycle”... I wouldn't have the patience for that I’d just toss all the fish in the first day

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It used to get to me but now I hope it happens. My coworker's would tease me because I was obsessed with a "fish tank." Constant badgering, meme's, etc. "You have a live stream on your tank that you watch at work?" "You have an app on your phone that watches your tank, etc."

It's funny because once I show them the app, camera feed, etc then it turns to "Dang Dude that is sweet!". It's comical now.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Looking at a tank full of beautiful, labor intensive, and expensive fish and corals*

“Oh wow... look! Look at that crab!”

*most excited about the $2 hermit crab*

My mom likes the free green palys and my wife likes the free Xenia!! Don't pay attention to the huge acan or the black torch!

JeepTj

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
biggest responses I get:
- Holy C!@p that big.... (135 gallon 6 foot) usually from people with betta tanks...
- Isn't that Tank Heavy, Floor strong enough for that thing? (6th floor of apartment building haha... Valid Question)
- Wow !!!!!
- Where is the filter? (cause they don't understand what a sump is)
- Why do you have small trees in a salt water tank? (finger leathers)
-And the biggest one lately … Why the hell is that fish eating sand.. referring to my gobies …

and always get isn't it a pain to maintain, expensive, whats that cost.. why so much lights.. and all the usual you would expect.. haha

Back