Research Phase

NanoNana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im in the research stage for starting my first reef tank. Here’s what happened: we moved my parents in with us almost 6 years ago because of my father’s progressing Parkinson’s. We were watch a documentary and my dad was wowed by all the reef and fish. He talked about reef aquariums he seen, talked about his mother and my mother keeping fish. My grandmother ran freshwater aquariums for over 60 years. She did everything wrong according to threads and vids I’ve watched, and yet somehow managed to keep them running for 60 years. My mom kept a small tank as well for many years up until they moved in with us. During the conversation, I mentioned that they now had nano reef tanks the “would fit in that space right there” and he told my mother to “write her a check”. Ofc he has no concept of cost for this hobby but they both need something new to engage with as my daddy’s mobility issues keep him at home and inside a lot and I have ALWAYS wanted a reef tank I just don’t have the space for a large one due to my parents giant tv and an abundance of seating in my family room. I also don’t have the budget for a huge tank. In the coming weeks I’ll be asking tons of questions about builds. Hopefully I won’t be too annoying. I do try to search the forum for similar threads but I may from time to time post questions you think you’ve answered 1000 times so bear with me!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
IMG_0084.gif

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back