Another 2020 Spawn

U

User1

View Badges
That is pretty incredible. I mean the spawn as a whole and then the water pressure it generates vs. the tanks depth. Incredible.

Do you have have to do anything afterwords to clear it? Or are your systems tied together and it is coral food? Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
Troy V

Troy V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is incredible for it to move that much water at the surface of a 31" deep tank.

The only time it would cause a problem was when I was running a skimmer. The skimmer would go nuts for days, requiring me to turn it off and the sudden change in nutrients coupled with the skimmer being turned off would cause an algae bloom. But now that the skimmer is off, the system can handle it with minimal algae growth. Usually I get to clean the algae a little more on the glass with some trace amounts of cyano on the rock. Usually within a couple of weeks it's as if nothing happened. I am sure the coral do an amazing job at consuming the "goods". The system is over 500+ gallons with an SPS tank and LPS/softie tank tied to the clam tank.

U

User1

View Badges
It is incredible for it to move that much water at the surface of a 31" deep tank.

The only time it would cause a problem was when I was running a skimmer. The skimmer would go nuts for days, requiring me to turn it off and the sudden change in nutrients coupled with the skimmer being turned off would cause an algae bloom. But now that the skimmer is off, the system can handle it with minimal algae growth. Usually I get to clean the algae a little more on the glass with some trace amounts of cyano on the rock. Usually within a couple of weeks it's as if nothing happened. I am sure the coral do an amazing job at consuming the "goods". The system is over 500+ gallons with an SPS tank and LPS/softie tank tied to the clam tank.

Thanks for the info. I forgot you had them tied together!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 53 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back