another bulb thread, magnetic ballast and 250w de...

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently run 14k phoenix. I like the bulbs and have no issues with them. But its time to take them out and would like to switch it up a bit. I have external fan-cooled magnetic ballasts and was thinking of maybe going with reeflux 12 or 20k's, possibly even a megachrome. Any advice or should I just get another round of the phoenix? I do like more of a blue look and if radium made a 250w de that would work with magnetic it would be my first choice.

Help me out here, the ballast thing has me lost.

OP
OP
aerius007

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get much better results with the Reeflux on digital ballasts than the magnetic.

Can I ask what the difference in the results are? More par, better color? Also if you have done a bunch of testing is there a bulb that you could recommend? Its a current-usa outer orbit fixture. Thanks

OP
OP
aerius007

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well since I know the phoenix work and are good bulbs I thought Id give them another round. I found a pair of the de's for $107 ($49.50 each) with shipping and thought for that money I couldnt go wrong. Ill probably get new t5's today or tomorrow, probably 2 454's and 2 super actinic.

DEERE G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stick with it if you like them. I just put new Radiums on my DT yesterday for the second time. I like them and would hate to shell out the coin and not care for the bulb. Good choice on your part Zach . IMO

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 67 74.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%

Back