Another "I have no phosphates" thread

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so margin of error is 5ppb so you could have anywhere between 2 and 12.
The good news is at least you have some. Little low for me personally.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you wiping the vials perfectly clean and waiting the three minutes to test? I get some flux, but not that much. Also test 3-4 times with the same vials and get an average. I usually end up within 2 ppb on the Ultra Low.

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you wiping the vials perfectly clean and waiting the three minutes to test? I get some flux, but not that much. Also test 3-4 times with the same vials and get an average. I usually end up within 2 ppb on the Ultra Low.

I use the same method every time and it seems consistent enough. Like Zane said both results are within the noise of the tester. Just looking at my corals though I do feel like the tank would be doing slightly better with a bit more phosphate. I really don't want to mess with my skimmer/fuge too much so I will try feeding a bit more. Seems whenever I do that I start getting some cyano so maybe I need to take it a bit more slowly. I have reduced my fuge lighting period but the chaeto just seems to grow darker and faster.

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about reducing the power of the fuge light? I use a 24w Par38 grow light, they make the same light in 12w...

Sorry OP I am not trying to hijack

Back