Another "I have no phosphates" thread

Ok, so margin of error is 5ppb so you could have anywhere between 2 and 12.
The good news is at least you have some. Little low for me personally.
 
Are you wiping the vials perfectly clean and waiting the three minutes to test? I get some flux, but not that much. Also test 3-4 times with the same vials and get an average. I usually end up within 2 ppb on the Ultra Low.
 
Are you wiping the vials perfectly clean and waiting the three minutes to test? I get some flux, but not that much. Also test 3-4 times with the same vials and get an average. I usually end up within 2 ppb on the Ultra Low.

I use the same method every time and it seems consistent enough. Like Zane said both results are within the noise of the tester. Just looking at my corals though I do feel like the tank would be doing slightly better with a bit more phosphate. I really don't want to mess with my skimmer/fuge too much so I will try feeding a bit more. Seems whenever I do that I start getting some cyano so maybe I need to take it a bit more slowly. I have reduced my fuge lighting period but the chaeto just seems to grow darker and faster.
 
What about reducing the power of the fuge light? I use a 24w Par38 grow light, they make the same light in 12w...

Sorry OP I am not trying to hijack
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new