Another interesting video from BRSTv

w2inc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dana Riddle spoke about this at Macna I believe in 18 and has an article posted on advanced aquarist. Sorry I am too lazy to look up the link. Title was something like turbo charge growth with alkalinity.

The take away for me was that increased water flow mitigated the potential damage from high ALK.

My personal experience has been a pretty bullet proof tank running the high levels from the video, until just recently. I am working out the details, but po4 managed to get above .2, No3 under .2 and K under 320. Acropora grew faster than I have ever seen it grow, Pocilipora RTN at about 50% of my collection. I am nudging everything back in line at the moment.

ckalupa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS never mentions what the Phos and Nitrates were held on either tank as I recall? They give the other parameters though. Unless someone else heard the numbers?

Journeyman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS never mentions what the Phos and Nitrates were held on either tank as I recall? They give the other parameters though. Unless someone else heard the numbers?
No, but I think the video is more specific to high levels rather than high nutrients... If that makes sense.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked brs about that as well, and they did not say what they were, they did say that both tanks were keep at around the same levels.

Backreefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool video but IMO alkalinity at 12 is dangerous, really walking a line with nutrients.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just speculating but I bet they’re nutrient levels are pretty low? I wonder if they feed heavy? Use supplements? They probably do water changes often? There videos as of late have been interesting, and I think I’ll keep to my low levels, but that’s awesome to see.

I bet sales for 2 part and hotter salt will rise for them! Lol

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was curious on the high parameters tank as I've read that you can keep them high, you just need to have nitrates and phosphate high as well.

Back