Another melted ai prime 16hd - recommendations for alternate?

VintageReefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2023
Messages
19,498
Reaction score
34,769
Location
USA
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just noticed my prime 16hd lenses are melting, two drip spots in the center of the lens. I don’t drive any channel over 80%. I use the factory gooseneck mount that’s made by AI and should mount the light at a safe height by their standards. It’s a nano tank with very little surface agitation and no salt spray. Plus my fan developed an annoying buzz that comes and goes.

I really don’t think I’ll be buying another AI product.

What would be a good LED to replace a prime? Tank is a Waterbox 15 peninsula.

I was thinking the Noopsyche mini.
The nicrew 50w looks like it has nice colors in the Amazon video. Any other good recommendations?

I prefer a more blue/purple actinic look. Tank is housing LPS corals. Ignore the algae. Things have been busy, I’m working on the algae next week :)

F95D2982-D3C0-44F6-BB07-13F2F3CF9C2D.png 60E08CD2-0B41-4209-A0A4-FB794DF18097.jpeg
 
Last edited:
If you are looking at something in a similar price range with similar output, then I have successfully run a Kessil A160 on a tank of similar size. They are great lights, reliable and dead simple to use.
 
I just recently was gifted a Kessil and it’s by far my favorite light. The smaller one as mentioned above should be great on your tank.
 
I just recently was gifted a Kessil and it’s by far my favorite light. The smaller one as mentioned above should be great on your tank.
May very well be my favourite too! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: I have 2 x Tuna Blue on nano tanks, 3 x Tuna Flora in my fuge and 2 x Tuna Sun on a FW tank next door from here :face-with-tears-of-joy:
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new