Another newbie

OP
OP

≈reef~noob≈

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thanks so much for the welcome! I didn’t expect so many people to reply so quickly.
I plan on taking thing pretty slow, and getting it right. Budget isn’t my main concern, it’s getting things right.

I’m lucky that I live in Queensland Australia so a beach is never far away. So I’m looking into the benefits of seawater vs making water from rodi and mixing myself.

I’m am considering tank sizes and in particular a all in one system that brands like Red Sea, Waterbox and Cade make, if any of you have recommendations.

I’ve started a little Wishlist of livestock, trying to consider their individual requirements, to make sure they aren’t conflicting, as well as they fill a niche in the tank ecosystem and don’t compete(is that even possible?).

Honestly right now corals terrify me, lol, I feel so out of my depth when reading about their needs, however what I’ve researched so far is that it would be preferable to start corals first before stocking my take too far, to reduce the risk of livestock predating them. So I kinda need to wrap my head around it.

If anyone in Brisbane or SE QLD area knows of a good reef shop please let me know, I’d like to talk with them.

FrugalReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1703242582164.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back