Another newbie

Wow thanks so much for the welcome! I didn’t expect so many people to reply so quickly.
I plan on taking thing pretty slow, and getting it right. Budget isn’t my main concern, it’s getting things right.

I’m lucky that I live in Queensland Australia so a beach is never far away. So I’m looking into the benefits of seawater vs making water from rodi and mixing myself.

I’m am considering tank sizes and in particular a all in one system that brands like Red Sea, Waterbox and Cade make, if any of you have recommendations.

I’ve started a little Wishlist of livestock, trying to consider their individual requirements, to make sure they aren’t conflicting, as well as they fill a niche in the tank ecosystem and don’t compete(is that even possible?).

Honestly right now corals terrify me, lol, I feel so out of my depth when reading about their needs, however what I’ve researched so far is that it would be preferable to start corals first before stocking my take too far, to reduce the risk of livestock predating them. So I kinda need to wrap my head around it.

If anyone in Brisbane or SE QLD area knows of a good reef shop please let me know, I’d like to talk with them.
 
1703242582164.jpeg
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Welcome.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new